Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2018 7:59:50 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with putting a muzzle brake on a Ruger PC Carbine? Given the length of the barrel (all the propellent should be burned up before it reaches the brake?), does it really do anything? Any product recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking of a flash can for mine to quiet it down
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't want to go the full NFA route right now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Although I put an M16 A2 style flash hider on my carbine. My buddy didn't put anything on his and we compare them side-by-side, I don't think you really need a flash hider or muzzle brake for 9 mm carbine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Muzzle brake for 16" length 9mm carbine is marginally effective at best due to the amount of gas available to work against the brake baffles.  It does dress up the muzzle end nicely if that's what you want.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You might want to check out my thread (the first post edit has pictures of a CZ Scorpion brake mounted on my PCC): https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Ruger-PC-Carbine-Review-and-opportunities-for-improvement-aftermarket-accessories-updated-13Sep/48-486962/
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Although I put an M16 A2 style flash hider on my carbine. My buddy didn't put anything on his and we compare them side-by-side, I don't think you really need a flash hider or muzzle brake for 9 mm carbine.
View Quote
I agree - not needed. But I do think a short can would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree - not needed. But I do think a short can would be awesome.
View Quote
it is. :)
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a VG6 Epsilon 9mm for my Ruger PCC. Everything I’ve read about the Epsilon has been good, so I figured what the hell, I’ll give it a try. Still haven’t had the chance to get out with the rifle though. Other projects in the priority line. And I’m still trying to figure out optics for it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I've tried a few different devices & flash hiders on a 16" 9mm carbine and the only difference I've noticed is the weight.

If anyone can produce a hand load that makes a 9mm round flash from a 16" barrel I'd like to see it. Tracers don't count...

Now I still like the look of an A2 flash hider or a small can even if it's just being used as a thread/crown protector.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've tried a few different devices & flash hiders on a 16" 9mm carbine and the only difference I've noticed is the weight.

If anyone can produce a hand load that makes a 9mm round flash from a 16" barrel I'd like to see it. Tracers don't count...

Now I still like the look of an A2 flash hider or a small can even if it's just being used as a thread/crown protector.
View Quote
I did this with a flash hider, cheap from Midway. Haven't shot the thing at dusk yet to see any effects. Buffalo Bore 9mm would be worth a try just to see if it functioned as it ought hit hard enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top