Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2018 7:17:29 PM EDT
Just traded a Keltec for an American in 6.5 Grendel.

Anyone done any accuracy testing with these yet?

Anyone cut one down to 16"?

I plan on having it cut and threaded to 16.5". As soon as magpul sorts out the 5.56 magazine issues i plan on going that route as well.

Using a good 1-8 i think ill have a handy as hell all around rifle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I seriously considered the Ruger in 6.5 Grendel until a Friend sold me his like new Cz 527 American 6.5 Grendel.   Only real downside to the Ruger is the AR-15 mag inhibit the seating depth of reloads with the 6.5 Grendel.

The 6.5 Grendel is a very versatile cartridge whether bolt action, AR-15 or pistol.   I think your plan to cut the barrel down and rethread is a good idea especially if your going to use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 6.5 Grendel Ruger American Predator.  A friend preferred a shorter Grendel, bought another brand, and made me a good deal on the Predator.  Using Hornady factory 123gr SST ammo, it shot 1.5" group at 100yd.  Using my handholds worked up for the best accuracy in that rifle with the same bullet, I shot .39" and .595" at 100yd.  With both the factory supplied mag (10rd) and a 5 shot AR Stoner mag, feeding has been flawless.

From the factory, the trigger pull was a little over 4 pounds. Taking the action out of the stock, I observed that moving the trigger pull adjustment screw in and out did nothing, as the screw never made contact with the trigger spring.  I believe the hole for the screw to make contact with the spring was never drilled all the way in the correct diameter, so it kept the spring under tension all the time.  Removing 1 coil from the spring brought the pull down to a nice crisp 3 pounds.

I am very happy with the Ruger once the trigger pull was corrected to my liking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
sell it and go buy a tc compass that comes threaded for $250 if the rebate is still up
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sell it and go buy a tc compass that comes threaded for $250 if the rebate is still up
View Quote
Guess I should clarify. It’s already threaded.  I’m wanting it shorter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top