Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 12:40:28 AM EDT
Was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a scope that fits in the bag that the rifle comes with(RUGER 10/22 TAKE DOWN)??  I purchased this rifle for my 14 yr old son so it doesn't have to be a super fancy expensive scope . i currently have a field and stream , but its massive and have to break Down the rifle to fit in the case. Any recommendations will greatly be appreciated thanks.. I know just buy  a different case , i like the bag it comes with , keeps the nosy neighbors out of the loop , if you know what I'm saying ....  I'm basically looking for a nice rimfire scope to fit in the bag without taking this apart more than breaking the barrel ,,,Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I like this one.   yep I know it has a ballistic reticle for .223 but zero the center x at 50 yds and the dot below should be about 100 yds spend a little time on the range with it to figure out what the marks represent with your 22 ammo  and remember that ballistic reticles always use the highest power which in this case is 4x so it's quite useable at the distances a 22 is typically shot.

Your other option is a red dot like a Sig Romeo or similar
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just cut the stitching in the bag, its a pretty common thing people do to the bag.
Several youtube videos of people doing it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I installed a Pic rail,then QR rings on the scope and RDS (wife likes RDS),seems to work really well.

RDS for bouncing cans around with her supressor,scope for more serious work.

Shooting CCI SV  or SK Standard plus the scoped arrangement is pretty accurate!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this one on one of my 10-22s.  I used Warne 1" rings with the lever so it can ride in one of the pockets. It's fairly compact.

Primary Arms 22 Scope

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Leupold (American? Rifleman? line) 1.5-4x.

Super tiny, light, good glass for a rimfire.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Nikon P-rimfire 2-7x32 on my takedown with a QD mount.  Everything fits perfectly and I'm not seeing any shift in the zero when taking it off and on.

Nikon isn't making scopes any more but you can still find many of the scopes in stock and often at a discount.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a leupold 2-7x33 rimfire on mine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a Nikon P-rimfire 2-7x32 on my takedown with a QD mount.  Everything fits perfectly and I'm not seeing any shift in the zero when taking it off and on.

Nikon isn't making scopes any more but you can still find many of the scopes in stock and often at a discount.
View Quote

What mount are you using?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a Weaver.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a pic rail on it and run a leupold mod 1 1.5-4x20mm firedot green spr reticle. I have several of its big brothers vx-r patrol 1.25-4 with the red spr reticle. It works great and I have no regerts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top