Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 8:47:02 PM EDT
Was at the range with a friend this weekend and his GSG had two rounds go off before they were seated? I'm not sure what actually happened here but I did witness both times and when the round went off smoke and debris flew from the bolt. The rounds pictured were still ejected and the bullets still made it out of the barrel which was surprising. Any ideas on what is going on here? He doesn't want to shoot it again until he has diagnosed the problem and found a solution.

test my keyboard
key tester
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Take it apart clean and inspect. Put it back together and check for function.  Also check the ammo you were using.  Keeping looking for the problem.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Also check for a broken or dirty firing pin, or debris on the bolt face. Any protrusion on the bolt face can sometimes cause 22 rimfire to ignite during chambering, in what is technically an out-of-battery (OOB) slamfire.

Both rounds show indication of a firing pin impression, so the firing pin was forward, whether from hammer follow or some other malfuction, I couldn't say offhand.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top