Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2017 9:37:09 PM EDT
It has an oversized chamber which is so bad the resizing die cannot size cases where it'll fit in the chamber of any of my 357 revolvers. It also puts a big notch/burr on the case mouth on ejecting. I'm ok with the oversized chamber since i load a completely different load for the rifle than i do revolvers. The notch/burr it puts on the mouth isn't noticeable after seating and crimping a bullet, but i still don't like it.

Using h110 powder and 125 grain bullets i hit about a foot higher at 25 yards than POA with the rear sight bottomed out. If i use a fast burning powder i can hit at POA with 125 grain bullets but if i go 158 grain or higher i hit high again. This is with the front post in the lower notch of the rear sight!

I have heard of stevegunz and wonder if his peep sight and springs will help me out?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Try contacting Rossi, they may be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think so

I changed the sights on mine a couple times. Didn't like the factory buck horns and then got the wrong height front

Mine was chewing up brass and had other major problems, had to go back to the factory

But it's great now, I'd do the normal slick up and what Steve says
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a taller front sight.

If you call them and you are polite, they may send you one at no charge.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll give them a call! I see several places selling taller front post but I will give them a chance to make it right.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Easy fix, just buy a taller front sight.  Or put an optic on it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My Rossi 92 in 357 mag had an oversized chamber too. Sent it to Rossi. Got it back a month later. All they do is drill deeper into the chamber.

Fires great now. Glad I had it done.

It will keep you brass from being overworked. Just go have it done. Work will be done in a Miami.

I also installed Stevezguns safety/peep sight and removed the safety and rear buckhorn sights.Gun shoots great.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up getting a marbles .530 height .340 width with 1/16" ivory bead. The stock front post is .470 height, and according to the charts i need .026 adjustment to get a 6" change in impact.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
So i got the sight and am trying to install it. The stock sight is pretty hard to drift off. I've been hitting it with a brass punch and have it about 1/3 of the way off. Had to stop since the wife went to bed. I must have swung the hammer 100 times to get it this far. The barrel is locked in a padded vise.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must have swung the hammer 100 times to get it this far.
View Quote
The dovetail on many sights are tapered.  Perhaps try pushing it the the other way?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I was hitting it the same way as on a you tube video i saw. I'll try the other direction
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Should push off to the right.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Figured out the problem. The base had a burr on it. I hit it the other way and it came off. Got the new sight installed. I should have got the .530 base instead of .340, there's a bit of the flat part of the barrel exposed. I heard the .540 had to be modified due to the barrel band. I think either will hit the barrel band, i had to hit this sight with my bench sander a bit to get clearance, and then reblued it. Can't move the barrel band since there's a half hole in the barrel and a half hole in the tube the band screws through. It sure is easier to grind the sight than redrill a barrel. Over all it looks fine and hope i hit my mark now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd need to see the brass to see the knick/dent to see what causing it any pictures.

Or send it back like others have said. My 92s where chamber fine but one felt like i mix sand in with the grease. The world suggest action till I slicked it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top