Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 1:02:15 AM EDT
What's the best aftermarket spent primer catcher for the Rock Chucker Supreme?
ETA: Purchased one through Etsy from MakeSomethingPDX (Portland OR) $17.50 + tax free shipping

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a 3D printer? Thingverse had a single piece catcher that's better than the original.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

@ElrodCod

I'm going to go with the one from that vendor (Tom in Ohio).

Reading the instructions it appears that the primer catcher also comes with two small pieces (one is a spare) that snap into the ram where the priming arm fits. It appears that what's not included is the tubing for routing the primers into a receptacle. When the catcher arrives I'll take it to the hardware store.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@ElrodCod

I'm going to go with the one from that vendor (Tom in Ohio).

Reading the instructions it appears that the primer catcher also comes with two small pieces (one is a spare) that snap into the ram where the priming arm fits. It appears that what's not included is the tubing for routing the primers into a receptacle. When the catcher arrives I'll take it to the hardware store.
View Quote

@ThePontificator
When I got mine it had a short piece of tubing attached, about a foot in length, with a plug in the open end. That would have easily held several hundred spent primers but I replaced it with a longer piece of tubing and ran it down the bench leg into a pill jar on the floor. You can see everything but the jar in the pic. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Rcbs will send you a new one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think I'd enjoy reloading as much as I do without the ability to just print parts that make the whole process easier.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Another possibility is this one I found on Etsy and includes a front slot plug. Does not include any tubing which is OK becasue that stuff's cheap at hardware store.

$17.50 free shipping

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1039278239/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-primer-catcher?variation0=2186582952

Vendor is MakeSomethingPDX
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I also have the primer catcher.  Works great.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going through my big box of reloading odds n ends and found a length of tubing that will fit the catcher made by the Etsy Vendor so I went with that one. For $17.50 and free shipping I'll bite.

I also ordered a Universal lighting kit from KSM2 (UFO kits) which was also on sale.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was going through my big box of reloading odds n ends and found a length of tubing that will fit the catcher made by the Etsy Vendor so I went with that one. For $17.50 and free shipping I'll bite.

I also ordered a Universal lighting kit from KSM2 (UFO kits) which was also on sale.

View Quote

It looks well made. Let us know how it works out when you get it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another possibility is this one I found on Etsy and includes a front slot plug. Does not include any tubing which is OK becasue that stuff's cheap at hardware store.

$17.50 free shipping

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1039278239/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-primer-catcher?variation0=2186582952

https://i.etsystatic.com/23841546/r/il/a81213/3205887657/il_794xN.3205887657_q7na.jpg

Vendor is MakeSomethingPDX
View Quote

That looks nice.  I have the (3d printed) one from Inline Fabrication, with tubing that runs down to a bottle on the floor, and I use a cut length of McDonalds straw to block the opening on the front of the ram.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's yet another vendor who makes some interesting stuff:

https://elite3ddesign.com/

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here's yet another vendor who makes some interesting stuff:

https://elite3ddesign.com/

View Quote

I did purchase some of his rcbs adjustment knobs. They work well. Both them me to keep from raking my arm across the giant adjustment posts.

Also have his rcbs primer catcher
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The primer catcher from MakeSomethingPDX (Etsy vendor from Portland OR) arrived today.

Snaps into place beautifully. The "legs" are just long enough to hold the unit in place but there's room enough to route the pigtail from the UFO press lighting kit underneath the one on the right side.

I'm absolutely liking this and even though this new catcher is larger than the OEM model it's designed so that it can stay on the press and doesn't get in the way of my fingers when doing operations other than depriming.

Sweet!

I'll post pics when the lighting kit is installed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Finished. Looks great I think I'm really going to like this

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top