BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

That's nice. Nice paint work. 12.5" barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Bump.

More XCR owners get in here and post pics and stuff.

Not sure if I already posted this in this thread.  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23396/673A9630-75ED-46A1-96D5-3BA26EC75970_jpe-1663340.JPG

That's nice. Nice paint work. 12.5" barrel?

Thank you.  It’s 12” or 12.5”, I don’t remember.   6.5 grendel
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By XCRmonger:

2 weeks
View Quote
Ok

. . . but seriously. Tell me right now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My current xcr sbr in 5.56 and have a x39 kit for it as well, no issues at all in either caliber, runs brass or steel, suppressed, no issues. This is the 4th one I’ve owned and the only issue I ever had was a bent hammer retaining pin.

I ordered this one a few years ago through Kermit Zahn, don’t mind the acr

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By patswin3:
My current xcr sbr in 5.56 and have a x39 kit for it as well, no issues at all in either caliber, runs brass or steel, suppressed, no issues. This is the 4th one I've owned and the only issue I ever had was a bent hammer retaining pin.

I ordered this one a few years ago through Kermit Zahn, don't mind the acr

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/EFF6CC57-DB62-405B-93EC-83B165E9E8A5_jpe-1671160.JPG
View Quote

Excellent duo.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By patswin3:
My current xcr sbr in 5.56 and have a x39 kit for it as well, no issues at all in either caliber, runs brass or steel, suppressed, no issues. This is the 4th one I’ve owned and the only issue I ever had was a bent hammer retaining pin.

I ordered this one a few years ago through Kermit Zahn, don’t mind the acr

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/EFF6CC57-DB62-405B-93EC-83B165E9E8A5_jpe-1671160.JPG
View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a  EXPEDITIONARY RIFLE from them back in the day, because it didn't look like same old tired AR15. face it, no matter what kind of crap you put on it, it's still looks AR15.  these  look  like the  STONER 63, which no other manufacture ever made

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Picked up my new 6.5G pistol today. Can't wait to see how she shoots.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#8]
Originally Posted By therex:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/223482/PXL_20201113_202914375_PORTRAIT_2_jpg-1682890.JPG

View Quote

@therex

Awesome! Did you order direct from Robinson and how long did it take?

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]

@therex

Awesome! Did you order direct from Robinson and how long did it take?

View Quote

I ordered from Navalbeaver (little jack's) who I have done business with before. He already had a keymo grendel pistol on order, and I asked him if he had a quad rail upper lying around. Still took 12 weeks. (Worth it though)
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By therex:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/223482/PXL_20201113_202914375_PORTRAIT_2_jpg-1682890.JPG

View Quote

Your going to love it!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

In the deer blind.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like they're bringing back the 5.45 XCR. Going to get one when they're released.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#14]

@Gr8Santini

Nice. I notice you're running an ACR stock (brace)... can you post some close-ups of that setup?

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
Looks like they're bringing back the 5.45 XCR. Going to get one when they're released.
View Quote

So these guns are obtained from the website only?  

Got a few 5.45 AKs, an Adams Arms AR and recently a couple of Galils.  Debating if my first XCR should be 5.56 or 5.45.

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By beanz2:

Got a few 5.45 AKs, an Adams Arms AR and recently a couple of Galils.  Debating if my first XCR should be 5.56 or 5.45.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beanz2:
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

That or from authorized dealers

I ordered straight from their website. Be prepared to wait for at least 14 weeks.

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Two questions.

1.  Who makes the picatinny rear endcap/stock/brace adapter plate?

2.  Comparatively speaking, how is the recoil impulse on these?  Sharp?  Soft shooting?  I'm really looking for an alternative to my 7.62X39 bren which shoots VERY very flat with a dead air brake.  The issue there is that I dont trust the gun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I had the 5.45 and accuracy was a problem. They weren't sure why at the time but talked to Alex at the nra show about where they were at with it. Alex is a big fan of the 5.45 himself and he felt that the longer bullet was getting damaged on the way into the barrel causing the 8" groups.
they traded my 5.45 parts for 556 and I love this gun. also have the 7.62x39 conversion and will get another gun in 5.45 if they start up again. I bet they have a number of parts ready to go if it is as simple as the feed ramps being worked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Two questions.

2.  Comparatively speaking, how is the recoil impulse on these?  Sharp?  Soft shooting?  I'm really looking for an alternative to my 7.62X39 bren which shoots VERY very flat with a dead air brake.  The issue there is that I dont trust the gun.
View Quote

I can answer #1. LIFe Industries makes one.

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

I wonder what's spurring this. A found stash of bolts on a dusty shelf?

5.45 guns made sense when cases of milsurp ammo were cheap and easy to come by. But nowadays not so much.
View Quote

They've posted videos of testing a 5.45 XCR with the intent to release. I emailed them and they said it's not ready yet, with no current ETA. I think reliable feeding from magazines was an issue.

I have lots of non-corrosive 5.45 stashed away. It was plentiful and cheap pre-panic and I'd rather shoot that than my 5.56, and I have quite a few other firearms that shoot the same caliber. Probably not the same equation for everyone, but it makes sense for my situation currently.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Two questions.

View Quote

The XCR is the softest shooting platform I have ever tried, included in the Bren 2.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

The XCR is the softest shooting platform I have ever tried, included in the Bren 2.
View Quote

That's a bold claim bud!  My bren's are pretty darned soft shooting.

I think i'm gonna have to dive in. :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Believe it or not there is a rifle that shoots softer than the XCR, the M96.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#24]

@Gr8Santini

Nice. I notice you're running an ACR stock (brace)... can you post some close-ups of that setup?

View All Quotes

@Gr8Santini

Thanks.  Don’t have a good pic of mine handy, but it’s this.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

They are very soft-shooting rifle. Less movement upon firing than my ARs.

My 5.56 was my designated precision rifle for awhile. .6" groups with Prvi or handloads, and it was easy to keep the scope on target to spot hits.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:43:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#26]
6.5 Grendel XCR. 2 8 point bucks in less than 30 minutes from the same blind.  Not monsters, but nice for this area.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Two questions.

View Quote
I have the Lucky Irishman (linked by Longslide) is I think the most common. It's the one I run on both of mine, and while it's very nice, the anodizing is completely different from Robinson, and it doesn't quite match  the profile of either of the lower receivers i have.

But it works so w/e.

As far as the x39 and soft shooting, the adjustable gas, the heavy long stroke piston, and the long slow unlock make for a very very soft shooting rifle. I have the x39:

Attachment Attached File

It's a joy to shoot, better than any AK I've ever used.

Downside is that the x39 takes those kind of goofy AR x39 mags, (and Alex R. seems very adamant that this isn't a problem) although I think a lot of the "issues" that these mags cause in an AR are mitigated by the lower feed angle of the XCR.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#29]

That's a bold claim bud!  My bren's are pretty darned soft shooting.

I think i'm gonna have to dive in. :)
View Quote

Not really...

I built a best-of the best carbon AR with all the go fast bits, adj. gas system, light bolt, geisele spring etc. for 2 gun this year. Shot a few matches with it and definitely got the result I was looking for. I took my XCR out of the safe, it's an original XXX serial number gun and I used to shoot the hell out of it but don't much anymore, mostly because I don't like the Mepro MOR on it for what it is supposed to do. When I shot it, the recoil was so low I thought something was wrong like I had a squib or something. Nope, it really is that soft-even without the $200 titanium brake and fancy shit that my AR has.

Really unappreciated guns, I abused mine to shit trying to get it to choke and it won't. I'd love another as an SBR but I can't justify it for the cost.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:52:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#30]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Not really...

I built a best-of the best carbon AR with all the go fast bits, adj. gas system, light bolt, geisele spring etc. for 2 gun this year. Shot a few matches with it and definitely got the result I was looking for. I took my XCR out of the safe, it's an original XXX serial number gun and I used to shoot the hell out of it but don't much anymore, mostly because I don't like the Mepro MOR on it for what it is supposed to do. When I shot it, the recoil was so low I thought something was wrong like I had a squib or something. Nope, it really is that soft-even without the $200 titanium brake and fancy shit that my AR has.

Really unappreciated guns, I abused mine to shit trying to get it to choke and it won't. I'd love another as an SBR but I can't justify it for the cost.
View Quote

Considering the std L rifle weighs 7.5#, & the std M rifle weighs 9.25#, there shouldn't be much recoil.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I owned the early RobArms rifles like the M96 and felt kind of burned by quality issues back around 2001 or so and never came back. I guess I need to review where they are today...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Can't wait to get mine... 6-7 more weeks...

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#33]
love my 6.5g
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#34]
Think I'm going to be selling one of mine, deciding which one is hard.

I love my pistol 556/300blk but my state does not allow NFA, so if pistol braces get cancelled..screwed.

I love my competition 556/6.5 G, but I have other rifles that fit that nitch.

Like trying to pick between two kids.
View Quote

Keep'm both. Get a 14.7 p/w for the pistol. Solved.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have any thoughts on the 9 inch 7.62X39 barrel versus the 11?

I'm getting ready to order and i'm not sure what direction I want to go in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
I owned the early RobArms rifles like the M96 and felt kind of burned by quality issues back around 2001 or so and never came back. I guess I need to review where they are today...
View Quote
You should. They need more love from the Gun community.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have any thoughts on the 9 inch 7.62X39 barrel versus the 11?

I'm getting ready to order and i'm not sure what direction I want to go in.
View Quote
Sorry, bumped the thread with a response to another comment.

Based on personal opinion and not experience, I would say 11 inch. But thats just because I feel like 11 inch barrels are about the perfect balance between too short and too long.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Rigian:
Sorry, bumped the thread with a response to another comment.

Based on personal opinion and not experience, I would say 11 inch. But thats just because I feel like 11 inch barrels are about the perfect balance between too short and too long.
View Quote

10-4.  My counter points being, that I dont believe 7.62X39 requires an 11 inch barrel for a full powder burn?  Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I also aesthetically like the look of my cans right in front of the rail which the 11 inch barrel will not accomplish.  Yes, im vain! :)

I'm going to order one on monday so i'm trying to nail iron out the last few pieces of the puzzle regarding what I want.  Thanks to this thread, I'm going with keymod as I really like the profile of that rail option.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY_crawler] [#39]
I'm trying to decide on what configuration I would want. I am between a standard with buried gas block and 9.5 inch barrel or a mini with buried gas block and 7.5 inch barrel.

I would like to get caliber conversions in the future so I am not sure what would be more versatile especially considering barrel lengths.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
I'm trying to decide on what configuration I would want. I am between a standard with buried gas block and 9.5 inch barrel or a mini with buried gas block and 7.5 inch barrel.

I would like to get caliber conversions in the future so I am not sure what would be more versatile especially considering barrel lengths.
View Quote

Go Std in my opinion--its its till very small---20" with a 10 barrel and the stock/brace folded.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: therex] [#41]
Apropos of nothing, finally decided to try X39 subs in my XCR.

Without the can and gas at "4" (type 1 gas system) the mag will not lock back, spent cases dribble out.

WITH the can though, GAME ON. Runs great. I ran it last night and was like "Well that's not THAT quiet..." then realized I didn't have ears on and was like O SHIT.

Who needs 300blk? (Not me.)

(specs: Early XCR, Type 1 gas system, type 1 bolt & carrier, 7.62x39, 14.5 p&w barrel)
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

Cool. Might be a fun project to find somewhere to have a 9x39 barrel made. Then load custom subs using the Grendel basic brass from Starline.
View Quote

When RobArms starts answering phones again I'm going to order a barrel extension for exactly this.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]
How XCR-L's suppressed? I'm thinking about picking up one in 5.56 and would run it suppressed just about 100% of the time.

I recently picked up an 11" 5.56 Bren 2 and have been a bit underwhelmed with it so far. Even with HBI's gas piston service, recoil feels harsher than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
The XCR has one of the finest adjustable gas block on the market, and a very tight action. They run well suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MisterTwo:
How XCR-L's suppressed? I'm thinking about picking up one in 5.56 and would run it suppressed just about 100% of the time.

I recently picked up an 11" 5.56 Bren 2 and have been a bit underwhelmed with it so far. Even with HBI's gas piston service, recoil feels harsher than I was expecting.
View Quote

If you plan on ordering one, you better do it now...

I'm currently at 22 weeks...

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#47]

If you plan on ordering one, you better do it now...

I'm currently at 22 weeks...

View Quote

Yikes, that's quite a wait.  I ordered one this weekend. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, ordered mine back in September. Feels bad, man.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Does Rob Arms take payment up front or upon delivery?

I'm assuming up front?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Does Rob Arms take payment up front or upon delivery?

I'm assuming up front?
View Quote

$500 non refundable deposit applied to purchase price.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top