Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I finally got my xcr-l. It only took 11 months. I have a Magpul K2 grip and a Surefire 3 prong on the way. Does Rob Arms use Rocket or anything on the flash hider?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
I finally got my xcr-l. It only took 11 months. I have a Magpul K2 grip and a Surefire 3 prong on the way. Does Rob Arms use Rocket or anything on the flash hider?
View Quote

Nope, just remove the barrel from the gun,  brace the barrel around the gas block and take off the FH. If you don’t remove the barrel first you can ruin the trunnion and barrel bolt.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Nope, just remove the barrel from the gun,  brace the barrel around the gas block and take off the FH. If you don't remove the barrel first you can ruin the trunnion and barrel bolt.
View Quote
I use a barrel vise for all muzzle work, but will definitely remove the barrel first. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump with a pic (repost sorry) if my 7.5” 300 blk sbr
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:41:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rigian] [#5]
Interesting. Two older XCR's were part of the confiscation that just happened in Canada.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#6]
Originally Posted By Rigian:
Interesting. Two older XCR's were part of the confiscation that just happened in Canada.

View Quote

I dont think those are ACR's.  They are a 180 derivative to bypass canukistan gun laws.   I think Harlen with NDS was part of the design group that did them.  There was a post in GD back in the day about them and it was a cool concept that I am pretty sure that Brownell's bought into for their setup they are selling now.

Kodiak Defense

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rigian] [#7]
Originally Posted By kells81:

I dont think those are ACR's.  They are a 180 derivative to bypass canukistan gun laws.   I think Harlen with NDS was part of the design group that did them.  There was a post in GD back in the day about them and it was a cool concept that I am pretty sure that Brownell's bought into for their setup they are selling now.

Kodiak Defense

https://kodiakdefence.com/site/assets/files/1031/kodwk180conline-2.jpg
View Quote

Not ACR. XCR. And I am about 95% sure they are XCRs.

The one in the blue circle must be the one you are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#8]

Not ACR. XCR. And I am about 95% sure they are XCRs.

The one in the blue circle must be the one you are talking about.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/514647/XCRs_-2280584.jpg
View Quote

All of those you're pointing to are the 180 derivative. The charging handle and shape of the magwell give them away, but more so the hole pattern on the forend doesn't match the XCR's pattern for any generation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/7212EA07-3C13-4519-AA29-8359A4B1BE9C_jpe-2279436.JPG
View Quote

@Gr8Santini

Is there a scallop cut on the bolt carrier I can see through the ejection port?

ADM optic mount or something else? Great looking stick.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lew:

@Gr8Santini

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/7212EA07-3C13-4519-AA29-8359A4B1BE9C_jpe-2279436.JPG

@Gr8Santini

@lew

The newer bolt carriers have that cut on them.  ADM mount.  Very good eye!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]

@lew

View All Quotes

@Gr8Santini

@lew

I got two of the low mounts for RDSs. Love 'em!

Good to know about the cut. Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
@Gr8Santini

I like that engraving!
Did you send it out to get it done, and if so where?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:
@Gr8Santini

I like that engraving!
Did you send it out to get it done, and if so where?
View Quote

@By Doug_262
If I recall correctly, I used Ident Marking Services in TX.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Those arrested were reported to have "a willingness to use force against the police if any attempts were made to disrupt the blockade",

Doesn't the fact that they were arrested without incident kind of disprove that accusation?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Question for the inmates:  I now have a 5.56 barrel and bolt to go with the original 7.62x39 barrel and bolt XCR-L.  How are you storing the spare barrel and especially the bolt?

Thx

ABE
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I was using a m249 barrel bag
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I got around to cleaning the new 5.556 barrel for my XCR-L last night; I haven’t fired it yet.

I was amazed at how dirty it was - I mean it was like there was a gray-black mud in there.  Not what I think of as cosmoline.  After several nasty patches, I could look down the barrel and see flakes of crap in there. There was a chunk of it on the wire brush I finally used to scrape it out.  It had more crud in it than an M4/M16 after two weeks of blank firing. I did give it a cursory glance before cleaning so I know it wasn’t blocked or anything incredibly obvious.  The original 7.62x39 barrel had only a bit of carbon in it.

While I am curious what that stuff might have been, mostly I post to not take it for granted a new barrel is in firing condition.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ABElisch:
I got around to cleaning the new 5.556 barrel for my XCR-L last night; I haven't fired it yet.

I was amazed at how dirty it was - I mean it was like there was a gray-black mud in there.  Not what I think of as cosmoline.  After several nasty patches, I could look down the barrel and see flakes of crap in there. There was a chunk of it on the wire brush I finally used to scrape it out.  It had more crud in it than an M4/M16 after two weeks of blank firing. I did give it a cursory glance before cleaning so I know it wasn't blocked or anything incredibly obvious.  The original 7.62x39 barrel had only a bit of carbon in it.

While I am curious what that stuff might have been, mostly I post to not take it for granted a new barrel is in firing condition.
View Quote

That sucks!

That goop could be from the rifling process and just didn't get checked or test fired. I believe they're so far behind getting stuff out that when they get something in, it may be rushed to ship, especially if was a barrel only order.

I've personally been waiting on a barrel for almost 6 months now.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

That sucks!

That goop could be from the rifling process and just didn't get checked or test fired. I believe they're so far behind getting stuff out that when they get something in, it may be rushed to ship, especially if was a barrel only order.

View All Quotes
I got around to cleaning the new 5.556 barrel for my XCR-L last night; I haven't fired it yet.

I was amazed at how dirty it was - I mean it was like there was a gray-black mud in there.  Not what I think of as cosmoline.  After several nasty patches, I could look down the barrel and see flakes of crap in there. There was a chunk of it on the wire brush I finally used to scrape it out.  It had more crud in it than an M4/M16 after two weeks of blank firing. I did give it a cursory glance before cleaning so I know it wasn't blocked or anything incredibly obvious.  The original 7.62x39 barrel had only a bit of carbon in it.

That sucks!

I suspect this as well but still, not a great way to receive an item you've been waiting for and paid a lot for. They can do better than that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I suspect this as well but still, not a great way to receive an item you've been waiting for and paid a lot for. They can do better than that.
View Quote

No matter the reason... I agree wholeheartedly.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
The rest of the fit and finish of my barrel looks to be first class.  As this had been on order for about 11 months, I sent them a note about every two months at the end.  I got a “just came in from… will ship it today” reply recently.

As for storage, I ended up buying a cheap leather coin purse for the bolt and cut down and resewed a skinny gun sock for the barrel.  Mostly I want to keep the two pieces together.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Any issues running supers with that can? I'm planning a 7.5 300blk build with a 762 mini 2 and was wondering how it would perform. The XCR site warns against running non-subsonic without a can that has "very little backpressure." I don't intend to remove the suppressor very often so I need a rifle/can combo that can run both.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SigDudeGuy:

Any issues running supers with that can? I'm planning a 7.5 300blk build with a 762 mini 2 and was wondering how it would perform. The XCR site warns against running non-subsonic without a can that has "very little backpressure." I don't intend to remove the suppressor very often so I need a rifle/can combo that can run both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SigDudeGuy:

No problem so far, although I mostly run subs through this one.  It’s my HD gun loaded with Hornady 190 grain sub x expanding subsonics.  For supers, I turn the gas down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]

No problem so far, although I mostly run subs through this one.  It’s my HD gun loaded with Hornady 190 grain sub x expanding subsonics.  For supers, I turn the gas down.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted 3 month wait when I ordered, ended up being about a week or two over that but mine came in today, not too bad.

I order the standard length with buried gas block but what I received has the gas block exposed at the end of the hand guard.  That won’t be a problem with getting a caliber conversion in 300blk and burying the gas block right?  Doesn’t seem like it but it’s my first one and I’m not too knowledgeable on the system.

I also don’t have it in hand to examine because my fucking background check went pending so I have to go back tomorrow . 3 months and now I get to wait another day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I believe if you want a 300 BLK then you would have to get some extra parts for the conversion so it would cost a little more. You should double check the configuration you ordered then contact rob arms. Might save you some money in the long run unless you plan on getting more conversions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd45c] [#27]
What I built with the builder on website for the order(went pistol to form 1 rather than form 4 though):

What I received:

From what I gather if I were to go to a shorter 300blk conversion I would need a different piston and such to go along with the barrel.  As long as I’m still able to use the shorter 300 conversion with buried block on this build I’m alright with it.

ETA: once I get it tomorrow and can mess around with it I’ll get in touch with them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Is it FDE as well or does it just look that way from the picture? You ordered ODG right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 7:45:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#29]
Originally Posted By xd45c:
What I built with the builder on website for the order(went pistol to form 1 rather than form 4 though):

https://i.ibb.co/qCMg0Yt/82-C36-D21-0-DF4-4-C8-F-8690-23-D2-E645-B65-E.jpg

What I received:

https://i.ibb.co/F4MFVPN/27990-ADA-B859-408-E-A883-26-BD06736-D63.jpg

From what I gather if I were to go to a shorter 300blk conversion I would need a different piston and such to go along with the barrel.  As long as I’m still able to use the shorter 300 conversion with buried block on this build I’m alright with it.

ETA: once I get it tomorrow and can mess around with it I’ll get in touch with them.
View Quote

With a 300 blk conversion you would be able to get a buried gas block. The 9.5 300 blk conversion is a pussy cat to shoot and surprisingly accurate.

I was told by Alex the max length 556 barrel I could get with the buried gas black was 10”…which is why I went with that length.

When you order the 300 blk conversion it will come with the shorter gas tube to make it work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Is it FDE as well or does it just look that way from the picture? You ordered ODG right?
View All Quotes

I did order ODG, but I’m colorblind so I’m not the best judge of color . I’ll see what the wife says when I bring it home tonight

With a 300 blk conversion you would be able to get a buried gas block. The 9.5 300 blk conversion is a pussy cat to shoot and surprisingly accurate.

I was told by Alex the max length 556 barrel I could get with the buried gas black was 10”…which is why I went with that length.

When you order the 300 blk conversion it will come with the shorter gas tube to make it work.

Ok I guess that makes sense then since I went with the 11”, just a website issue that allowed me to build with the 11” I guess.  I actually think the exposed block will look better with suppressor anyway rather than a little bit of skinny barrel between the can and hand guard.  Easier to adjust too I suppose.

The 9.5 blackout will be the next purchase.

Thanks for the replies

Also, are there choices between stocks (Fast 2 or 3) or is it just whatever version they are on is what you get?  If it’s a choice is there a preference here between them?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:57:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rigian] [#31]

I did order ODG, but I'm colorblind so I'm not the best judge of color . I'll see what the wife says when I bring it home tonight

Ok I guess that makes sense then since I went with the 11", just a website issue that allowed me to build with the 11" I guess.  I actually think the exposed block will look better with suppressor anyway rather than a little bit of skinny barrel between the can and hand guard.  Easier to adjust too I suppose.

Thanks for the replies

Also, are there choices between stocks (Fast 2 or 3) or is it just whatever version they are on is what you get?  If it's a choice is there a preference here between them?
View Quote
You got an XCR way faster than I've heard of. That's great! I wish the one I wanted was the magic combination of options that was magically all available and assembled ready to go the day I order.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#32]

I did order ODG, but I’m colorblind so I’m not the best judge of color . I’ll see what the wife says when I bring it home tonight

Ok I guess that makes sense then since I went with the 11”, just a website issue that allowed me to build with the 11” I guess.  I actually think the exposed block will look better with suppressor anyway rather than a little bit of skinny barrel between the can and hand guard.  Easier to adjust too I suppose.

Thanks for the replies

Also, are there choices between stocks (Fast 2 or 3) or is it just whatever version they are on is what you get?  If it’s a choice is there a preference here between them?
View Quote

For tactical style shooting the fast 2, the drop in comb is comfortable for shooting and moving.

For precision stuff the fast 3 provides a better cheekweld for bench shooting.

This is my experience.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]

You got an XCR way faster than I've heard of. That's great! I wish the one I wanted was the magic combination of options that was magically all available and assembled ready to go the day I order.
View All Quotes

Yeah I was very surprised, I had just put it on the NFA timeline in my head.  I asked before ordering if there was any barrel length/combination that would possibly be less wait but they said no.

Wife confirmed pistol is ODG, must have been the lighting yesterday.

For tactical style shooting the fast 2, the drop in comb is comfortable for shooting and moving.

For precision stuff the fast 3 provides a better cheekweld for bench shooting.

This is my experience.

Fast 2 it is, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I went and ordered a second XCR-L Sunday.  They said it would be around 4 months - hope so as had been quoted 6months for my first one and it came in a fair ways over that.  I also ordered a spare barrel in 7.62x39.  On arrival, that will give me a pair that are duplicates save the color.  A fool and his money….!  But am happy to have it on order.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:55:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#36]
View Quote

Yep. Once you finally get one, finger it for a while, shoot it and talk about for a few.minutes... You're pretty much done.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#37]
There’s a 300 blk pistol for sale on the xcr forum site.  I have no affiliation with the seller.

ETA
There’s a nice 5.56 rifle in the EE.  Again no affiliation with the buyer
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I just picked up a nice type 1 rifle from here and I want a 7.62x39 conversion. Does anyone have one they want to part with or leads on a used one? Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By garandcumb:
I just picked up a nice type 1 rifle from here and I want a 7.62x39 conversion. Does anyone have one they want to part with or leads on a used one? Thank you!
View Quote

You could try XCR forum.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#40]

You could try XCR forum.

View Quote

I made an account there and will keep looking. I ordered a kit from Robinson, but it's not compatible with my type 1 so I'd need to have the lower and BCG converted, buy two new type 3 kits, and sell my old one type 1. Can't justify that right now, but maybe in the future when I don't want to shoot the gun all the time. Thank you for looking out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#41]
T
Originally Posted By garandcumb:

I made an account there and will keep looking. I ordered a kit from Robinson, but it's not compatible with my type 1 so I'd need to have the lower and BCG converted, buy two new type 3 kits, and sell my old one type 1. Can't justify that right now, but maybe in the future when I don't want to shoot the gun all the time. Thank you for looking out.
View Quote

The one that was just posted is a great deal. If you don't want the upper you'll get rid of that pretty quickly. (i.e. DM me. ;) )
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By therex:
T

The one that was just posted is a great deal. If you don't want the upper you'll get rid of that pretty quickly. (i.e. DM me. ;) )
View Quote

Good to know! I'm talking to the guy right now and trying to work something out. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to get rid of the receiver :)
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Showing how new I am to the XCR, I shot it for only the second time today… about 100 rounds of 7.62x39 mixed brass and steel.

On cleaning it this afternoon, I was surprised how dirty the chamber was - unlike like my other piston guns.  Normal?

Thx.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#44]
It could be normal. Some of the steel cased stuff that I have been shooting is absolutely filthy.  I shot a multigun match recently with some Philippine made stuff and it turned my nuckles and handgard black.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Showing how new I am to the XCR, I shot it for only the second time today… about 100 rounds of 7.62x39 mixed brass and steel.

On cleaning it this afternoon, I was surprised how dirty the chamber was - unlike like my other piston guns.  Normal?

Thx.
View Quote

Well so two things at play here:

1: Your gas setting was at...?
2: "Mix of brass and steel" boy howdy that's vague.

Mine do not get particularly dirty but I have my gas set pretty low, and I use exclusively Tula which I find to be the least dirty. Now if I toss on the muffler, everything is filthy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Going on 3 months now trying to get an order in for a stock.  Was supposedly OOS for two months, then for the past couple weeks been getting the runaround about having to ask the owner and other such nonsense.

Any other options out there?  I’m about at the point to take the $200 tax stamp loss and sell the thing if I can’t get a stock, it’s a paperweight in pistol cap form.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Going on 3 months now trying to get an order in for a stock.  Was supposedly OOS for two months, then for the past couple weeks been getting the runaround about having to ask the owner and other such nonsense.

Any other options out there?  I’m about at the point to take the $200 tax stamp loss and sell the thing if I can’t get a stock, it’s a paperweight in pistol cap form.
View Quote

Lots of options, actually.

One, DM yours truly.

Two, get a lucky irishman adapter:
1913: https://luckyirishman.net/product/robinson-xcr-stock-adapter-1913-railed-for-mcx-stocks-and-others/
ACR: https://luckyirishman.net/product/robinson-xcr-stock-adapter-for-the-magpul-acr-enhanced-folding-stock/

I have the 1913 adapter on both of mine and it's quite nice. A SIG Kate Moss just looks so good:
Attachment Attached File

3: hit up navalbeaver on the XCR forum and see if he has an FASTs in stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Well after waiting over a year, I was told mine is done and will be shipping in the next couple of weeks.  My XCR-M pistol will be finally coming home!!

CSF

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rigian] [#49]
I've been watching the "available now" page and saw they have a pretty good selection up for grabs at the moment. A couple that are very close to my desired build but not quite.

The brown XCR-M mini is so close but it's in 6.5CM and I want it in .308.

Possible that they are already sold.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#50]
I've been watching the "available now" page and saw they have a pretty good selection up for grabs at the moment. A couple that are very close to my desired build but not quite.

The brown XCR-M mini is so close but it's in 6.5CM and I want it in .308.

Possible that they are already sold.
View Quote

Get it, use it until you can buy a 6.5CM conversion.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top