Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2020 8:50:46 PM EDT
Around 10 years ago I made a post looking for wooden racks for my safe.  Arfcom came to the rescue and showed me some pretty awesome ones on 7.62x54r.net.  I ordered a few and bolted them in my gun room.

Fast forward I sold my house and the new one is coming along.  Since then, 7.62x54r.net has stopped selling them and more recently removed the plans on what I am wanting.  I would love to have some of the modular racks but spent too much building the house and need to cut some cost.

This is what I used to have and loved them.  Would anyone by chance have plans for these or something similar ? Attachment Attached File

Pic isnt the best but it is what I was able to find on my phone. Thanks in advance !
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
These are cheap enough I think for what you are wanting:
Surplus wall rack

This as well?
Surplus rifle rack
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Sent you a reply back.  If you're wanting that exact design I can draw that up in about 15min with pen and paper.  Will take me much longer to do it in CAD as I'm really rusty and don't have much free time.

ETA:  I'll need to know what tools you have too.  Basic requirement would be a circular saw with a finish cut blade, straight edge, a couple of clamps, hole saw, kreg jig and screws.  Nice to have but not needed would be a router with 1/8" roundover bit, and a brad nailer.  

If you're wanting something more utilitarian, or like what the CMP has, they have their plans online.  CLICK ME!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
@AKJEFF check your email.  Sent you a sketchup file and cut list for a 8 gun rack I quickly drew up in sketchup.  It ain't pretty but the price was right .
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@AKJEFF check your email.  Sent you a sketchup file and cut list for a 8 gun rack I quickly drew up in sketchup.  It ain't pretty but the price was right .
View Quote

Thank you much!
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Akjeff,
If you know what you want, I have a large CNC router that can whip them out in no time.
Where in Texas are you lodated? I am outside of Austin.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Akjeff,
If you know what you want, I have a large CNC router that can whip them out in no time.
Where in Texas are you lodated? I am outside of Austin.
View Quote

@DougS,
  I am in Fort Worth.  Why I did not see this before now I have no clue.  I'd be willing to drive and buy all the beer!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
How big do you need, how many slots...
Give me some info and I will see what I have for designs laying around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top