Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 5:04:00 PM EDT
I was wanting to get some input from everybody who has tried these two suppressors. I’m getting ready to pull trigger on a suppressor and had my eyes set on turbo k, but after talking to a local shop they turned me on to the mg7. They spoke highly of the superior decrease of sound in comparison to the turbo k even on sbr. Overall comparable in size, weight and price. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t seen a single end user review of a MG7 - I have one pending

What host?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be for 556 11.5 inch and also have an 18 inch.  I have not seen too much on it either
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven’t seen a single end user review of a MG7 - I have one pending

What host?
View Quote
Yeah, I would have thought that there would be some kind of review on the MG by now.

I have an Mg7 .358 pending as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It would be for 556 11.5 inch and also have an 18 inch.  I have not seen too much on it either
View Quote
The extra girth and length of the MG might make it a little quieter than the TurboK, but I doubt it would be by much. TurboK is pretty awesome for its size...love mine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy has a Turbo K in jail and I have an MG7 in jail, both with the same dealer who is a friend of ours. I’m hoping to get to the range with both of them sometime in the next month to do a comparison of the two, plus the SAS Eadrom I already have.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My buddy has a Turbo K in jail and I have an MG7 in jail, both with the same dealer who is a friend of ours. I’m hoping to get to the range with both of them sometime in the next month to do a comparison of the two, plus the SAS Eadrom I already have.
View Quote
Man that would be awesome to get your input on this with a side by side comparison. I really liked how the weight distribution on the mg7 was even and made it almost feel lighter than turbo k.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The extra girth and length of the MG might make it a little quieter than the TurboK, but I doubt it would be by much. TurboK is pretty awesome for its size...love mine.
View Quote
From what the dealer told me he felt like it outperformed even the regular turbo and I know the turbo outdoes the turbo k by like 3-4 decibels. I know that’s not everything but he said mg7 was pretty darn near the point of hearing safe. They do demo shoots here every so often but nothing planned right now. I would love to check them both out side by side
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
M11/9 MK2 Rex Silentium MG7

My MG7 .358 on my M11/9 with a lage Max-11 MK2 upper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]

My B&T APC9 SBR with the Rex Silentium MG7 also.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uewa_VDcVok

My B&T APC9 SBR with the Rex Silentium MG7 also.
View Quote
Nice.

Do you have experience with any other 9mm cans that you can compare it to?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nice.

Do you have experience with any other 9mm cans that you can compare it to?
View Quote
My only other dedicated 9mm can is a form 1 SS and Ti can that has DHC baffle clips and is 1.35 diameter and 8” long. I would say that if this can has less back pressure because of the larger volume. The MG7 also uses any common threaded mounting system. I bought the MG7 for my M11 because the warranty and it is rated full auto. MG7 is best on a sub gun or rifle... wouldn’t use it on a pistol.

To add to this it is extremely well built and I will be buying more!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds pretty darn good. Indoors and still sounded really quiet
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the mg7 come with mounts to be able to use qd mount muzzle brake systems that work with other manufacturers muzzle brakes?  I thought I heard that they had this but have not seen anything on their website or any other places.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My only other dedicated 9mm can is a form 1 SS and Ti can that has DHC baffle clips and is 1.35 diameter and 8” long. I would say that if this can has less back pressure because of the larger volume. The MG7 also uses any common threaded mounting system. I bought the MG7 for my M11 because the warranty and it is rated full auto. MG7 is best on a sub gun or rifle... wouldn’t use it on a pistol.

To add to this it is extremely well built and I will be buying more!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does the mg7 come with mounts to be able to use qd mount muzzle brake systems that work with other manufacturers muzzle brakes?  I thought I heard that they had this but have not seen anything on their website or any other places.
View Quote
They only come with a direct thread mount, but their threading is 1.375x24 which gives you a ton of options.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They only come with a direct thread mount, but their threading is 1.375x24 which gives you a ton of options.
View Quote
I’m using the silencerco 3 lug mount... adds zero length to the can... I know YHM is coming out with a 3 lug mount and should be a cheaper option and will fit the MG7
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought of this can for pcc only use, but doesn't it get really dirty not being serviceable?

My mytsic x gets all kinds of lead bits and crap in it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought of this can for pcc only use, but doesn't it get really dirty not being serviceable?

My mytsic x gets all kinds of lead bits and crap in it.
View Quote
Probably.

Throw it on a 5.56 gun every now and then and "blow" it out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Was just about to order a Turbo K and then started looking into the MG7 K.

Anyone get their MG7 K out of jail yet? Or any other first hand feedback?
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got several 10.5",11.5", & 12.5" setups with various manufacturers qd's.  I don't have a turbo k, but I can test my newly approved mg7 .358 against a yhm turbo, specwar k, saker k.  I'm also interested to see how it fairs as my hybrid sounds pretty good on short host.

Quoted:
Was just about to order a Turbo K and then started looking into the MG7 K.

Anyone get their MG7 K out of jail yet? Or any other first hand feedback?
View Quote
Got my MG7 out of jail yesterday thanks to my SiCo freebie octane and batch approvals...

Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice setup, Andrewz71!

Would love to hear you’re thoughts once you have a chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've got several 10.5",11.5", & 12.5" setups with various manufacturers qd's.  I don't have a turbo k, but I can test my newly approved mg7 .358 against a yhm turbo, specwar k, saker k.  I'm am interested to see how it fairs as my hybrid sounds pretty good on short host.

Got my MG7 out of jail yesterday thanks to my SiCo freebie octane and batch approvals...

https://i.imgur.com/3lTuoDz.jpg
View Quote
Looks great!

Cant wait for your review!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I can’t wait either. I pulled the trigger this last weekend and went with the mg7 .224.  Now just the waiting game. Every person that has shot one has not had anything bad to say about it so I figured I couldn’t go wrong. I wish Rex Silentium would put out some decibel testing videos
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Looks great!

Cant wait for your review!
View Quote
Got an update...

You all are lucky I had to bribe my son by 3d printing lego power armor and the wife by cooking supper ...

To save time, and not have to change rocksett’ed qd mounts, I only shot 2 almost identical 10.5” 5.56 setups.  Saker k vs the MG7 .358.  I had my wife and son shot into dirt alternating shots. I stood to the side about 25-30ft away without ears.

The MG7 is louder but not by much. The tone is slightly lower but if the bore was .224 I think it might be pretty even.  I might try it again on something longer 14.5” or 16” later.  As 10.5” is still fairly loud suppressed with k size cans.

For 5.56 if the bore was .224. I think it would be good. But the turbo k might be hard to beat for a dedicated short 5.56 host. Yhm being a bigger company, including more mounts/shims, having a thicker blast baffle, etc.

I bought all my 5.56 k cans at good prices so I can’t say buy a MG7 cause it’s cheaper.  My .358 is good but won’t be replacing my 5.56k cans, and I didn’t intend for it too.  But I think you should be happy buying a MG7 in .224.

Overall I’m pleased.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Got an update...

You all are lucky I had to bribe my son by 3d printing lego power armor and the wife by cooking supper ...

To save time, and not have to change rocksett’ed qd mounts, I only shot 2 almost identical 10.5” 5.56 setups.  Saker k vs the MG7 .358.  I had my wife and son shot into dirt alternating shots. I stood to the side about 25-30ft away without ears.

The MG7 is louder but not by much. The tone is slightly lower but if the bore was .224 I think it might be pretty even.  I might try it again on something longer 14.5” or 16” later.  As 10.5” is still fairly loud suppressed with k size cans.

For 5.56 if the bore was .224. I think it would be good. But the turbo k might be hard to beat for a dedicated short 5.56 host. Yhm being a bigger company, including more mounts/shims, having a thicker blast baffle, etc.

I bought all my 5.56 k cans at good prices so I can’t say buy a MG7 cause it’s cheaper.  My .358 is good but won’t be replacing my 5.56k cans, and I didn’t intend for it too.  But I think you should be happy buying a MG7 in .224.

Overall I’m pleased.
View Quote
Thanks for doing a comparison. I’m glad to hear it performed well. I don’t know much about the saker to have as a baseline.  I have an 11.5 and 18 inch. But hopefully the 224 does make a big difference.  I asked my local shop about different qd mounting options for mg7 and it can work with a lot of the main ones which is nice. Definitely will cost a little more than what the turbo k since it already comes with mounting system and muzzle brake. Can’t beat that value
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They don't have a meter, but I do and have their models on the list of ones to test.  
View Quote
That would be great to see more testing videos done. Not only are they informative but enjoy watching them. I do like when they are compared with different barrel lengths to give an idea of what to expect. I think showing a list of compatible qd mount options for every suppressor testing would be helpful to people too because I know I was sort of clueless on this
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve got both but haven’t really compared them side to side since Turbo K is only 223 and my MG7 is 30 cal. I havent measured but the Turbo seems noticeably smaller so I would think it would be louder as it is pretty loud on 10.5 223 which is to be expected. It’s does however tame it down a bunch. The Rex is about one notch down from Nomad in my opinion on 30 cal hosts but once again it is a little smaller so maybe to be expected.

I’ll try and get another cherry bomb for 223 see how Rex does on short 223 and update.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’ve got both but haven’t really compared them side to side since Turbo K is only 223 and my MG7 is 30 cal. I havent measured but the Turbo seems noticeably smaller so I would think it would be louder as it is pretty loud on 10.5 223 which is to be expected. It’s does however tame it down a bunch. The Rex is about one notch down from Nomad in my opinion on 30 cal hosts but once again it is a little smaller so maybe to be expected.

I’ll try and get another cherry bomb for 223 see how Rex does on short 223 and update.
View Quote
Right on. I hope eventually there is a forum on here much like the lightweight thread where users and manufacturers results are posted for consumers to look at the different data. Actually shocked there isn’t something like this with how big suppressors are
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve stopped looking for 1/2-28 Cherry Bombs.  Wake me up after everybody gets theirs and they get less scarce than toilet paper or phobia killing wipes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I’ve stopped looking for 1/2-28 Cherry Bombs.  Wake me up after everybody gets theirs and they get less scarce than toilet paper or phobia killing wipes.
View Quote

Looks like they have them at joeboboutfitters. Just a heads up
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Both cans will serve you well.

If this is a dedicated .223 build the only real difference that is tangible will be the size of the can itself and its weight.

The Rex can is a light weight can BUT once you add a mount, its going to be much heavier than the Turbo K.

That right there is really the only difference to the naked ear.  Metering means dick all to me provided the can falls in line with other's in its class.  One decibel here or there means nothing to me as an end user.  Tone, mounts, weight, construction, price are all of the defining features that I'm looking for in a can.  Not necessarily listed in order of importance.

The only other difference would be the inconel blast baffle in the YHM.  That right there is worth something to me as it is arguably more durable at least on paper than the MG7.  I dont really perceive this as ever being an issue but I dont know what your firing schedule is like.

I have an MG7 with a .358 bore and a YHM turbo.  Between the two, the Rex can looks cooler to me as its PVD finish is friggin awesome.  I also personally like the larger diameter as I think it looks cool.  I have yet to fire the Rex can on a centerfire rifle caliber and probably wont for some time as its in jail and my range is shut down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Both cans will serve you well.

If this is a dedicated .223 build the only real difference that is tangible will be the size of the can itself and its weight.

The Rex can is a light weight can BUT once you add a mount, its going to be much heavier than the Turbo K.

That right there is really the only difference to the naked ear.  Metering means dick all to me provided the can falls in line with other's in its class.  One decibel here or there means nothing to me as an end user.  Tone, mounts, weight, construction, price are all of the defining features that I'm looking for in a can.  Not necessarily listed in order of importance.

The only other difference would be the inconel blast baffle in the YHM.  That right there is worth something to me as it is arguably more durable at least on paper than the MG7.  I dont really perceive this as ever being an issue but I dont know what your firing schedule is like.

I have an MG7 with a .358 bore and a YHM turbo.  Between the two, the Rex can looks cooler to me as its PVD finish is friggin awesome.  I also personally like the larger diameter as I think it looks cool.  I have yet to fire the Rex can on a centerfire rifle caliber and probably wont for some time as its in jail and my range is shut down.
View Quote

I was thinking about that as well in regards to the mounts. Not sure what I want to go with or just do direct thread. I like having the flexibility of qd. I would probably do yhm but saw they also had Kurz mount that is lighter and shorter overall length.  I’m not real familiar with all the qd mounting options out there other than yhm, SilencerCo, dead air. Does anyone have a list of all the well known and/or non mainstream qd options?
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Mounting options that thread into 1.375” x 24tpi tubes (Omega/Hybrid) include SiCo direct thread and ASR Bravo Mount, Hansohn Brothers titanium direct thread, Griffin Plan A and Plan A XL, Q Plan B, Dead Air KeyMo for Omega, Area 419, YHM for Omega.  Rex Silentium had direct thread and muzzle brakes previously. Diversified Machine used to have some mounts.

It’s a good idea to source the muzzle devices when you source the mounts. The availability of these items goes in and out of stock fluidly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mounting options that thread into 1.375” x 24tpi tubes (Omega/Hybrid) include SiCo direct thread and ASR Bravo Mount, Hansohn Brothers titanium direct thread, Griffin Plan A and Plan A XL, Q Plan B, Dead Air KeyMo for Omega, Area 419, YHM for Omega.  Rex Silentium had direct thread and muzzle brakes previously. Diversified Machine used to have some mounts.

It’s a good idea to source the muzzle devices when you source the mounts. The availability of these items goes in and out of stock fluidly.
View Quote

Damn. Thanks for all the listed options
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:58:32 AM EDT
[#37]
My Turbo K got approved last week.(144 days)

Just waiting for my FFL to get my stamp
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not too bad at all!  How did you file out of curiosity?  I did individual through SS kiosk and bought through local dealer
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The only way you can...call the NFA Division and ask.
View Quote

You can file individual or trust. Not sure what you are saying
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not too bad at all!  How did you file out of curiosity?  I did individual through SS kiosk and bought through local dealer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought it from https://modernwarriors.com/, had it shipped to my FFL Buddy so I could take it out of jail with him to shoot it.  

Did it on a trust, im the sole person on trust.

Buddy summited to ATF.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I know what I’m saying, but I completely missed what you asked.

I read it as “how do you find out”, meaning how did he know it was approved. Doh!!  I’ll go strike through it. Sorry for the confusion.
View Quote

Lol!!  No worries I thought maybe I misinterpreted what he said. I’m am new to this silencer thing after all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top