Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2021 7:38:50 PM EDT
Hey guys,

So, just recently got a griffin plan A to put onto my MG7 as I want to shorten it up a bit versus the keymo that was on there prior.

I picked up a 9mm bore EZ brake.

It seems like the can wont thread on fully to the brake but this is also my first plan A so i'm not 100% sure its not seated perfectly.  I THINK the first blast baffle is hitting the end of the brake but again, i'm not sure.  Looking into the bore of the can doesn't really yield anything in the way of a visual inspection.

Anyone have any experience with this combo?

Attached is a picture of the can threaded on as far as it will go.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks normal to me. I don’t have that combo but I have Plan-A’s on most of my suppressors and if you are thinking the muzzle device recesses completely into the mount- it doesn’t.  

You should have more than enough blast baffle distance with the Ez brake being one of the shortest Griffin muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked up my MG7 today. I have EZ brakes and minimalist FH on a few guns. Looks normal to me and I don’t get the impression that anything is hitting the blast baffle.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don’t have a way to measure depth to the tip of the blast baffle versus muzzle device intrusion you can stack coins on the muzzle device to gauge the standoff between the end of the muzzle device and the tip of the blast baffle.  I’d be surprised if you don’t have clearance.

Another key fitment is that the mounted suppressor tube is square to the muzzle/bore. A straight gauge rod at the front cap is the typical way to indicate this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
This is my first plan A.

I assumed that the Plan A would seat fully on the taper.  I assumed wrong considering the way its pictured, it probably IS seated fully on the taper lol!

I just wasn't sure hence the double checking before I shoot it. :)

Thank you guys.  You're all awesome!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Does your barrel have a taper or is it a typical 90 degree shoulder?  Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Plan A with the minimalist brake and the EZ brake in my Nomad and my TurboK. Mine look exactly like yours. I don't see anything wrong with your setup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does your barrel have a taper or is it a typical 90 degree shoulder?  Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.
View Quote

Its an in lead we trust MPX barrel so no taper.

Shot the combo a few days ago.  Worked great.  Minimal point of impact shift between the can being on and off.  With the can on, the point of impact was raised about a half inch.  These ILWT barrels are tack drivers.  The sound with the MG7 was better than my DA wolfman.  I adore this thing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#8]
If your are still worried, can’t you can take the plan A adapter off the silencer and mount it to the muzzle brake to see where it should sit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If your are still worried, can’t you can take the plan A adapter off the silencer and mount it to the muzzle brake to see where it should sit.
View Quote

Kind of but not really considering the MG7's first baffle is cone shaped so it extends into the "blast baffle" area.  I guess I could go about measuring but that requires work. :P

The combo worked fine so no more worries on my end.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is my first plan A.

I assumed that the Plan A would seat fully on the taper.  I assumed wrong considering the way its pictured, it probably IS seated fully on the taper lol!
View Quote

The taper stops .1" before the back of muzzle device with a 1.070" diameter.  The straight portion goes just slightly into the tapered bore.  When I cut Griffin adapters, I cut the taper to a large end diameter of 1.080".
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have the exact measurements in front of me, but my .358 MG7 blast chamber has more than enough depth for the PlanA and minimalist FH, which is a little longer than the brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top