BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2020 2:48:06 PM EDT
Can't believe we haven't done this yet

Attachment Attached File

Looks to be about $450. Silencershop has them for 440 through my local dealer.

Full auto rated!
Overall diameter: 1.5625 inches
Overall length: 4.8 inches
Overall length with QD: 5.56 inches
Weight without QD: 9.6 ounces
Build Materials: Heat treated 17-4 stainless steel; Inconel
Finish: Matte black Cerakote

What's In the Box?
1-3/8x24 QD Mount
5/8x24 Muzzle Brake
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So excited for this can.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Its ARRIVED!
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This should sell well if it doesn’t sound like total shit
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Not knocking it at all. But can someone explain what all the hype is about when the vox K already exists? Around the same price point and likely similar performance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that shorter and lighter than the Turbo K? Vert der ferk.

I want to hear one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not knocking it at all. But can someone explain what all the hype is about when the vox K already exists? Around the same price point and likely similar performance.
View Quote
Fair point. Retails maybe $100 cheaper, that's something I guess.

Maybe it's more due to how well-liked the Turbo K is, and we're all hoping they've managed some more black magic for this can.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Vox K is shorter and lighter as well. They're close but the Vox has the edge.

I think the resonator is gonna..... RESONATE.... with those invested in that line or that eco system.... YHM makes good stuff, I see alot of posts asking for this.

This news doesn't shake my confidence in the decision I've made in the least. That said, those who get these I am sure will be happy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
.308 Win.........137 dB / 145 dB (Ear / Muzzle)
.300 BLk.........142 dB / 147 dB (Ear / Muzzle)
5.56mm..........150 dB / 153 dB (Ear / Muzzle)

No mention of barrel lengths. I'm assuming the 300 was tested with supers.

5.56 #s are about where the VoxK is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
.308 Win.........137 dB / 145 dB (Ear / Muzzle)
.300 BLk.........142 dB / 147 dB (Ear / Muzzle)
5.56mm..........150 dB / 153 dB (Ear / Muzzle)

No mention of barrel lengths. I'm assuming the 300 was tested with supers.

5.56 #s are about where the VoxK is.
View Quote
Very excited about this. Will be buying two.

From there website

SUPPRESSION LEVEL: 137 dB / 144 dB (Ear/Muzzle) *Tested on 20” Remington 700, .308 Win*
DIAMETER / LENGTH: 1.562” / 4.8” (No Mount) ; 5.65” (Q.D.)
WEIGHT: 9.6 Oz (No Mount) ; 12.4 Oz (Q.D.)
RATING: .17HMR - .300 Ultra Mag
MATERIAL: 17-4 Ph SS / Inconel
FINISH: Matte Black Cerakote
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED I
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally!
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
now I know what I can use my $100 gift cert on!
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered the new Resonator R2 but I know many were looking forward to this model...very nice.

IMHO YHM offers a great suppressor without much sacrifices...
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
About fucking time.  You could have had my Vox K money 200 days ago, YHM.  Oh well, I like EA cans.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
About fucking time.  You could have had my Vox K money 200 days ago, YHM.  Oh well, I like EA cans.
View Quote
4get about money for a second and who makes them for a minute.

If you could have one or the other right here and now - which one and why?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Six in one, half a dozen in the other.

The Vox is theoretically a "stronger" can because of the materials used.  Having said that, given how many of us use our cans and how so few of us have select fire weapons, the YHM's construction is more than good enough for the average Joe.

MY personal opinion is that im going with YHM and I already have because they've been around for a long time and IF the gun industry turns south, I do believe that they will stick around so ive got someone to back me up should I have an issue with my can.

I will never understand why people complain about products that dont exist and how manufacturers should have come out with something sooner.  That's about the dumbest complaint possible.  Gee, I really wish Ford would have come out with that car sooner, I wouldn't have bought this horse!
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Another reason I'd take this over a Vox k is that I can get it through silencershop for a decent price. Local shops charge a lot for the Vox stuff and if i got it somewhere else the transfer fee would be $100.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vox K, because I am close to getting my form 4 back whilst the guys buying these Resonator Ks are way behind me.  I’d have to compare size and weight sans this splitting migraine otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Vox K, because I am close to getting my form 4 back whilst the guys buying these Resonator Ks are way behind me.  I’d have to compare size and weight sans this splitting migraine otherwise.
View Quote
Vox K is shorter, lighter.

My check was cashed 6/21. TickTock,
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed the Vox K does offer a similar package but is a little more expensive, and doesn’t include a QD mount. So close to $200 difference when you factor both of those in.

Personally, I love the value that YHM offers while still having a competitive weight, and great performance. I’ve been holding out on a Turbo K, and with the updated version I’m now glad I did. I plan on getting both YHM K cans.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Another reason I'd take this over a Vox k is that I can get it through silencershop for a decent price. Local shops charge a lot for the Vox stuff and if i got it somewhere else the transfer fee would be $100.
View Quote
Just register with Hansohn and get the ARF price.  Hansohn ships same day often.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6/14 here, Vox K brother!
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

6/14 here, Vox K brother!
View Quote

We bonded now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This should sell well if it doesn’t sound like total shit
View Quote
It's gonna be pretty loud.  Going shorter than 6.5-7" with .308, you'll knock the edge off, but it's still gonna bark.

This guy is 1.6 x 6.5", including the reduced diameter base that's profiled for my taper brakes, so about an inch longer than the Resonator K will be with the QD installed.  It's tolerable outdoors without ear pro, but get any reflective surfaces nearby, it ain't very pleasant on naked ears

Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to see what it sounds like on 6.5 grendel in an SBR config.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#25]
It is always good to see options and I know folks have been barking up a tree for a "K" Resonator but I think I'm sticking to my original plan and going with the full sized Resonator R2 which hopefully I'll be able to do here pretty soon.  I already have a loud K can in 30 cal with the Sandman K.

I'm sure they are going to sell lots of both versions.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's gonna be pretty loud.  Going shorter than 6.5-7" with .308, you'll knock the edge off, but it's still gonna bark.

This guy is 1.6 x 6.5", including the reduced diameter base that's profiled for my taper brakes, so about an inch longer than the Resonator K will be with the QD installed.  It's tolerable outdoors without ear pro, but get any reflective surfaces nearby, it ain't very pleasant on naked ears

https://i.imgur.com/UP7v1mX.jpg
View Quote
I do wonder how many actually use .30 K cans on 308 vs 6.5/6.8/x39/BLK etc
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just assumed that’s why everyone else was buying .30 K cans.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m one of those. I have a full size 30cal can for use on .308 but I want the K for BLK pistols/SBRs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UP7v1mX.jpg
Seems ideal as a hunting option for a couple of those like 6.5/6.8 that you're going to lug for long periods, and really nice for a lightweight 300blk sbr/pistol setup.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep trying to convince myself a Sandman K would be worthwhile vs my S o a 12” AK
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want to see what it sounds like on 6.5 grendel in an SBR config.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I've been waiting for this to come out for some time now.  The numbers will dictate if I get or not but YHM usually doesn't disappoint.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I was about to order a turbo k and now this happens.... maybe both?
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some of us don't really care about the sound but the weight.

Carrying around an extra pound on your rifle while hunting sucks.

Look at the omega for example.  While its a light bare (no mount) but when you add the QD mount and there front cap it adds on a half of pound.  Go with the Q Plan b and HB titanium front cap you save 3-4 ounces.  This is the can i usually hunt with.  Since I got Q HN i use it now as it feels so much lighter.

I would love a 10-12oz 4-5" can just to take the edge off while hunting.  I will most likely buy two of these YHM cans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would love a 10-12oz 4-5" can just to take the edge off while hunting.
View Quote
Here you go TBAC Ultra 5! It is 5 inches long and weighs 9.4 oz in direct thread configuration, and 7.6 oz in the CB mount configuration but you'd have to add the weight of the brake to that.

The Resonator K is 4.8 inches long and 9.8 oz with no mount. Add a Hansohn Brothers Titanium Direct Thread Mount and you're probably still within the length and weight parameters you set.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here you go TBAC Ultra 5! It is 5 inches long and weighs 9.4 oz in direct thread configuration, and 7.6 oz in the CB mount configuration but you'd have to add the weight of the brake to that.

The Resonator K is 4.8 inches long and 9.8 oz with no mount. Add a Hansohn Brothers Titanium Direct Thread Mount and you're probably still within the length and weight parameters you set.
View Quote
VoxK will be right there too
Is your hunting rifle a .30bore?
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've been waiting for this to come out for some time now.  The numbers will dictate if I get or not but YHM usually doesn't disappoint.
View Quote
I’ll be curious to see this compared to the Turbo K on 556.

I think YHM and EA need to make these short blast sections for a modular can with a light titanium front section extending the length to 7-8”.   There needs to be more competition for the Rugged Radiant and Omega 36M.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’ll be curious to see this compared to the Turbo K on 556.

I think YHM and EA need to make these short blast sections for a modular can with a light titanium front section extending the length to 7-8”.   There needs to be more competition for the Rugged Radiant and Omega 36M.
View Quote
On 5.56 I'm sure it's going to be like any other 30 cal k can. Loud and flashy. But it might worth while on a 300blk, 7.62x39, 6.5G, 6.8SPC, etc. I've got a spot for one with a 12.5" grendel.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would love a 10-12oz 4-5" can just to take the edge off while hunting.

I can buy two Resonator K's for one TB can so hard pass on that.

Yes i will most likely buy two of the Resonator K's and add the titanium mounts.

Quoted:
Quoted:

VoxK will be right there too
Is your hunting rifle a .30bore?
Yes all 30 cal rifles.  I looked at the Vox K just dont know much about the company.  YHM has been around longer i think.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Major benefit the Vox K has over the Resonator K is the ability to use a wipe if you wanted to.  Now exactly how that translates into real world usage is a question for someone else who has actually been behind a Vox K to answer.  With the bigger Vox S and a .300blk bolt gun NFA review channel  demoed that wipe making a pretty significant difference in that situation.

Anyway.  I'll be ordering a full sized Resonator R2 for sure here hopefully towards the end of this month. I intend to either thread a .308 I currently have or acquire a new one.  Probably the latter and it will be primarily for a full sized Resonator.  Of course I'll also utilize it in conjunction with my Sandman K on the .300 blk and 5.56 hosts I already have. I just don't see the point for a Resonator K in my situation. But if it works for you, go for it. I'm sure they are gonna sell a ton of them.  In the mean time hoping some real world data via some of the you tubers starts to pop up on this revised Resonator and its shorter K version brother. Comparisons to the Turbo K VS Resonator K on 5.56 would be a plus.

@HansohnBrothers
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

Link Posted: 1/9/2020 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Some of us don't really care about the sound but the weight.

Carrying around an extra pound on your rifle while hunting sucks.

Look at the omega for example.  While its a light bare (no mount) but when you add the QD mount and there front cap it adds on a half of pound.  Go with the Q Plan b and HB titanium front cap you save 3-4 ounces.  This is the can i usually hunt with.  Since I got Q HN i use it now as it feels so much lighter.

I would love a 10-12oz 4-5" can just to take the edge off while hunting.  I will most likely buy two of these YHM cans.
View Quote
There's a balance, though.  There are also options for carry-a-lot-shoot-a-little cans which will perform like the ones you don't want to carry without the weight penalty.  That's why I came up with Phantom 8, which is a Ti tube, mount & front cap with two 17-4 H900 baffles and seven anodized 7075 aluminum baffles.  I rate it as 5 rounds rapid fire or 2 rounds/min sustained with .308/.30-06 class cartridges.  It is 1.5" x 8", meters 136 dBA at shooter's ear on my .25-06 and weighs just 9.0 ounces.

These are the guts.  What you can't see is the helix port brake that's part of the DT mount which is already installed in these two tubes:

I just harvested 2 mulies last week on my property with one of these on my 700 .25-06.   Neighbor was out feeding his horses and saw, asked later if I was shooting deer with a .22.

The K cans have their place, but I'd rather have the suppression of a longer can on a hunting rifle if the weight is similar.  The extra 3 inches doesn't matter to me, 24" barrel with a can is gonna snag every branch in the forest anyway, no matter if the suppressor is 5" or 8".
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There's a balance, though.

The K cans have their place, but I'd rather have the suppression of a longer can on a hunting rifle if the weight is similar.  The extra 3 inches doesn't matter to me, 24" barrel with a can is gonna snag every branch in the forest anyway, no matter if the suppressor is 5" or 8".
View Quote
Thats why i have all my bolt guns cut to 18”.
Short and light cans are the way. “I have spoken”.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Mines cut to 16” but put on a 10” 34oz can .

This can might be my next can.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I contacted YHM today via email regarding minimum barrel length "restrictions" for the Resonator K...they stated (in reference to the V Seven 6.5" 300 BLK Barrel on a semi-auto and shooting supers):

"Our minimum for 300 blkout is 8 inches. Using it with that barrel could blow the can and will void the warranty".

I was hoping to get away with it on a semi-auto 300 BLK with a light-moderate firing schedule and keeping the temps under 700 F but sounds like they recommend against it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I contacted YHM today via email regarding minimum barrel length "restrictions" for the Resonator K...they stated (in reference to the V Seven 6.5" 300 BLK Barrel on a semi-auto and shooting supers):

"Our minimum for 300 blkout is 8 inches. Using it with that barrel could blow the can and will void the warranty".

I was hoping to get away with it on a semi-auto 300 BLK with a light-moderate firing schedule and keeping the temps under 700 F but sounds like they recommend against it.
View Quote
That's the Omega 9k's "minimum" as well, except silencerco has said it is fine on a 7" 300blk with supers. Does that mean the 9k is good to go on 308, etc like this resonator is, then? lol
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
No offense to the YHM rep that posts here but that sounds like horse shit on a welded .30
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
VoxK was always your destiny anyway. At least that is how I perceived your build goals.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No offense to the YHM rep that posts here but that sounds like horse shit on a welded .30
View Quote
TBAC U5 and others are essentially the same from a manufacturers stated min lengths?

In any event, I built to that spec when that was essentially best short/light config on the market. When VoxK came out, I built a rig with an even shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
The fact that it comes with a QD system.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Yep it's looking that way!  Vox K has great specs for a 30 Cal true K can.  The Resonator K looks awesome as well for those with more normal / mainstream barrel lengths.  We're living in the salad days!

Quoted:

VoxK was always your destiny anyway. At least that is how I perceived your build goals.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top