Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 5:21:33 AM EDT
I have some 158gr .358 flat point HiTek coated hardcast bullets on the way, intended for magnum loads of range ammo.
Was wondering about possibility of resizing a few to .356 for heavy 9mm loads.
Have loaded 165gr plated in 9mm, liked the soft shooting and accuracy for short distance range ammo.
Any potential problems resizing HiTek coated projectiles?
Would Hornady One Shot be OK as a lube, or does it damage the HiTek coating?
Before the bad mouthing starts, I've used One Shot for years and never stuck a case, from 9mm up to once fired 7.62x51 LC brass.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
  I resize the Missouri Bullet Co 125gn hi tech coated to .356, no problem. One bullet for .38spl.and 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Try one at the 0.358" and see if it chambers. If it does then don't worry about sizing them down. I have a older cz75 that needs a 0.359" bullet to stop leading. 9mm can be almost anything. Where you will run into problems is the bullet eating up case capacity. So it is going to depend on your chamber and your throat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top