Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 8:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: King_Mud]
Several of you guys make gear on here or are familiar with lots of different gear, any thoughts on replacing this? The plastic buckle broke and instead of just replacing it I thought I’d ask about upgrade ideas first.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

With no waist belt it’s not as fun to carry around.
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
USGI Patient Securing Litter Strap Green AustrAlpin Webbing w Black Cobra Buckle  This will not break, & good deal for the buckle alone.  Run it thru a Molle padded belt and you would be styling and more comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cap6888] [#2]
The plastic fastex buckle is broken? Or something else? Cheapest route is probably just replacing buckle.  Anything else would probably require some work to get it attached to the Indian tank. The above posted eBay links are definitely great prices on some stuff you can make work.  The liter strap with cobra buckle is a steal. I may even buy one.

ETA- looked at this a little more.  Actually probably really easy upgrade if you buy the above linked items.  Run the liter strap through the padded belt. May have to use some 550 cord to join the two ends, but that would be inside the padded belt. Then use one wrap through the molle straps around the plastic back plate.  Gives you padding plus belt with cobra buckle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The MOLLE belt is genius. The waist belt on that has always been the weak point, the buckle is very meh and it’s hard to adjust. A good belt through that pad is 100X better.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20229mm] [#4]
I would modify that with a belt with a button. Like one found on an EMS stretcher or a seat belt
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
I would modify that with a belt with a button. Like one found on an EMS stretcher or a seat belt
View Quote

That’s a good idea too, we have a bunch of straps for the stokes basket and backboard that have been taken out of service. I bet I could find a decent set and sew them together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top