Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2020 10:37:29 PM EDT
Best way to remove it without damaging the parts? I'll be rit-dying them afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy Fast Enamel Reducer 3812 from an auto paint supply. Wash rattle can paint off. I've never seen it attack plastic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Soak it in Acetone, it will come right off.  No worries about damaging the Magpul.  I soak all Magpul for up 24 hrs when prepping for KG Gunkote or Cerakote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Citri-Strip has worked very well for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soak it in Acetone, it will come right off.  No worries about damaging the Magpul.  I soak all Magpul for up 24 hrs when prepping for KG Gunkote or Cerakote
View Quote
I was skeptical when I heard this but had some Acetone on hand so I soaked a spare part in it and it did not melt it. It worked pretty good. I just got done dyeing my parts and they turned out good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about Magpul furniture, but I recently used paint stripper to remove about 3 coats of well applied FDE paint on a GI AR15-A2 butt stock.  It took a few applications to allow it to sit on the paint for a while, then just wipe it off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Just don’t use acetone to strip paint off of kydex holsters.  Ask me how I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top