Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2017 6:25:15 PM EDT
I have a post sample F2000 and can’t get the flash hider to budge.   I know it was left hand threads but still won’t move.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
did you remove the pin?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No, that could be the issue. How do you remove it?  I didn’t see a pin.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It is blind pinned it will have to be ground off.  ADCO would be my suggestion if you are not comfortable doing such thing.  FS2000 barrel would be an expensive mess up and ADCO has very reasonable prices while being very good at what they do.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Morgan from Class 3 Machining can do this work as well, since I had him remove the muzzle device from my FS2000.

His thread in the EE

I also had it rethreaded to 1/2x28 because FN uses FAL threads under there.  You can see the notch where the pin went through. ETA - The pin had to be drilled out.  There was no hammering or pressing that was going to take it out.

You have to take it down to the base barrel assembly.  Huge number of screws, and separating the polymer upper halves feels dicey so you have to be careful.  This is the "after" image with a Vortex that I've since swapped for an AAC 51T mount.

Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I took me be to a buddy and he used his drill press to drill out the flash hider, which came out intact so I can put it back on if needed.

We fabricated a simple jig and did it with no disassembly of the rifle.

Two mediocre bits and one good bit to get through the pin.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think it's pinned. Guys, he has a F2000 not a FS2000. There's no reason FN would've pinned it, but I'll check mine and see. I Googled a couple years back and didn't find anything, but I'd vice the barrel (stripped) up against the gas block or bayonet lug in some wood or plastic and maybe try a little heat on the flash suppressor.

This guy obviously did it.

Edit: I checked the circumference and I don't see a pin.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top