Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2019 6:29:06 PM EDT
New gun!
I have just under 50 rounds through it and it's a smooth shooter and looks like it patterns well.

Link Posted: 11/2/2019 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
40 yds
LE1321B
This thing has a sweet trigger.

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was all set to order one and I read some test that said it was patterning to the left or something of that nature, glad to see yours is dead on at 40.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was all set to order one and I read some test that said it was patterning to the left or something of that nature, glad to see yours is dead on at 40.
View Quote
I'm going to try to get some paper on a pallet this weekend and do some patterning.

This gun has the 22" vent rib RemChoke barrel with a fiber optic front and an XS Sight Systems rear that is dovetailed into the rib. There are two other rear sights included which are different heights and a Delrin punch to change them out for elevation or to adjust windage. Red LocTite is also included.

Out of the box the rear sight was slightly off center so I gave it a couple of taps and lined it up by eye.

I have a rail coming from EGW tomorrow so a Vortex Razor red dot can go on top.
I've also mounted a light and sling with MLok mounts.

This lightweight gun has very little recoil and points great.
I'll get a good range report and some pics up soon.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Added goodies.  
The Vortex Razor has survived a lot of 12 ga from my last two shotguns.
I got it down to this.
The pattern is one shot - 1click left - second shot @45 yards. That's where I left it.  It's like a need a half click or stop twitching or something.
Quick and dirty sight in.  Round count is around 80 buck and bird so far without failure.

The recoil is minimal. More like an asian massage.

Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Outstanding, trying to run one down now, I know the beretta is the sweetheart with all the aridus goodies but this thing is just so much more versatile, you can do anything with this rig.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a cool looking gun. I have the 1100 competition master which is set up pretty similarly. These new V3's seem like a pretty cool setup.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]
The V3 is amazing.  Second only to my 1301 for softness.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I shot up all my cheap ass birdshot by loading up 8+1+1 and letting them go as fast as I could.
The lack of recoil confuses my brain.
This will be my coyote gun.  I'll buy a V3 Compact for a bird gun.  I love this thing.
I give it two snaps in a circle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmmmm

This came with the mag extension???
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmm

This came with the mag extension???
View Quote
yup
https://www.remington.com/shotguns/tactical/v3-competition-tactical
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you think of the new loading port cutout/lifter ?  Any pics?

I am seriously considering one..
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The V3 is amazing.  Second only to my 1301 for softness.
View Quote
Ohh, you own (or have owned) both of these?   I'm torn between which to get and would love to hear thoughts on how they compare?

A big question for me is recoil.   The 1301 reviews are bizarre and completely contradictory on this topic.  Some say it's the softest shotgun they've ever fired.  Others say the recoil is extremely disappointing and it kicks as hard as their mossberg 500.  It makes absolutely no sense.  One theory I've seen is that 1301 handles low-recoil rounds well, but full power loads overwhelm the gas system and light bolt and it kicks quite hard.    What's your experience?  And how much lighter is the V3?

Any other thoughts comparing them?   Which would you get if you could have only one?  My observations from holding them, but not shooting:

1301:
I really like how the 1301 feels in my hands (although the play in the forend when it taps the barrel feels cheap).   I like the size of the 1301 tactical, but the sights on the comp (don't like ghost ringts) so I'd probably get the comp.   I that it's lightweight and holds 7 shells (with a mag extension).  But don't like the completely lack of barrel alternatives.  I'm also concerned about kick based on the reviews

V3:
I don't love the forend being so fat.  I assume (hope?) I'd get used to it, but it didn't feel nearly as good in my hands as a 1301 or a Remington 1100.  I like the universally praised low recoil, and that you can buy additional length barrels (Remington doesn't sell most of them yet, but will once production catches up).  I'm thinking of buying the 22" competition and then adding an 18.5" barrel (and corresponding extension) if I decide the 22 is too long or heavy.

How do things change once you start shooting them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You still happy with this gun?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:34:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You still happy with this gun?
View Quote
Very happy.
I am officially a V3 fanboy.
It is a very soft shooter with LE132 1B.
It feeds everything without a hiccup.
Round count is about 250 with no malfunctions.

The fore end is big, but I have become used to it.
When it has 10 rounds in it the shotgun is heavy.
But I like heavy shotguns to lower the recoil.

Now I want a Tac13.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Reason # 87 why I like this gun.
I hadn't shot it in over a month.
I thought I'd check zero on the Vortex.
I stuck this FedEx box up on the fence and went back to my garage door and shot 2 rounds of LE1321B.  13 hits out of 30 pellets @46 yards on an 11.5" X 13.5" box.  Happy happy happy!

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
What choke did you use for that group?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What choke did you use for that group?
View Quote
Flush fit factory modified Remchoke.
And technically it's two groups because I shot twice.
But it's 43% of the pellets in a square foot at 46 frickin yards!  Woot!
I've loved flight control since it debuted, but I've learned that some barrels don't pattern it as well as others. I seem to have a good one here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top