Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 10:57:09 PM EDT
All I need is a mag tube extension and coupling nut that fits under the MOE hand guard.  Nordic components was my go to for my 3 gun shotguns, but if I can find another option that does cost $100 that would be super.

A quality side saddle recommendation would be appreciated as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I installed the Wilson Combat on my TAC-14 with Magpul MOE handguard. Works great. https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Extension-Tube-Rem-870_1100_1187-Quick-Detach-Stud-Vertical-1-Shot-12-Gauge/productinfo/sget-qds-v-1/

I don't remember the brand of the side saddle I went with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my TAC14 rig rundown:

Wilson plus 1 magazine extension.

Aluminum Shell Carrier by Mesa Tactical, Extended Capacity: 6 Rounds.

Remington Police Magnum fire control springs. Call Remington customer service to order.

Remington polymer trigger housing (some like the metal style) but the polymer one is stronger IMHO. Plus as it is the OEM part.

S@J Hardware safety, magazine spring and follower.

XS Big Dot front sight.  Mounts over existing bead. I used Loctite Black Max super glue.

Pachmayr Shockwave slip-on grip.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas. Just ordered the WC +1 and a side saddle through them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you using to remove the dimples? Mine is dimpled and I’ve had my extension for a while. I haven’t been able to find a magazine dent removal tool but I honestly haven’t looked hard. I only look when I remember. I should get on a notification list.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you using to remove the dimples? Mine is dimpled and I’ve had my extension for a while. I haven’t been able to find a magazine dent removal tool but I honestly haven’t looked hard. I only look when I remember. I should get on a notification list.
View Quote

I bought the XS dimple removal tool it was fairly inexpensive around $40, compared to some of the others out there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I bought the XS dimple removal tool it was fairly inexpensive around $40, compared to some of the others out there.
View Quote

You use it yet? Let me know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I drilled out my dimples, the sanded smooth.  The barrel retainer covers the holes if you are concerned about exposed holes.

Here are parts list for mine:
-VR Barrel 14.25" with Remchoke Extended IC Carlson choke
-Cerakoted - Patriot Brown/ Black
-Mesa Buffer adapter
-FDE Furniture
-Magpul Grip
-SB Tactical SBA3
-Mesa Side Saddle - shot Aluminum
-HiViz Fiberoptic bead
-NonMIM Extractor
-Scattergun Tech Extension - Same as Wilson Combat
-S&J Hardware follower and oversized safety

I am a big fan of S&J Hardware stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You use it yet? Let me know how it works out.
View Quote

Yep used it, worked great to remove the dimples.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds good. I’m going to try and find one. Brownells has been out for a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Figured all I had to do was come back to this thread to figure out that the dimples had to go.

I can probably use the dremel and a sanding drum to take care of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased one off of eBay for $30 shipped.

Search for

MAGAZINE TUBE DETENT SWAGE  TOOL for REMINGTON 12 GAUGE

I also used one of those cheap clamp on NC Star tri rails to prevent deformation of the magazine tube.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Removing the dimples with a swage is not difficult. I use the XS Sight Systems swage tool.
Start by Sliding the fore-end to the rear, Remove the mag cap, barrel,retainer, spring and follower.
Now you are ready to remove the dimples.

First I take a 1 inch steel scope ring and clamp it around the magazine tube directly over the dimples to keep the magazine tube from stretching. Grease the inside of the tube and OD of the swage with wheel bearing grease.
Grasp the magazine tube with your hand just under the scope ring, place the swage in the mouth of the tube, and lightly tap the swage into the magazine tube up to the shoulder with a soft face hammer. About a half a dozen taps should do it. Remove the scope ring, take a .375 brass punch and a small hammer lightly peen where the dimples used to be to set them in place. The swage should slide out easily with a little tug. Place your finger in the tube a feel to make sure the dimples are gone, if not place the swage back in and peen them a little more. This may take a couple of tries get the dimples pressed flat.
Once they are gone clean the grease out and check the tube with a magazine follower to make sure it slide smoothly through. Use some copper remover to clean the brass punch marks from the OD of the tube. Replace the barrel, follower, spring and extension.
It took me about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I purchased one off of eBay for $30 shipped.

Search for

MAGAZINE TUBE DETENT SWAGE  TOOL for REMINGTON 12 GAUGE

I also used one of those cheap clamp on NC Star tri rails to prevent deformation of the magazine tube.
View Quote

Thanks. I ordered one from ebay.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Figured all I had to do was come back to this thread to figure out that the dimples had to go.

I can probably use the dremel and a sanding drum to take care of it.
View Quote

That's what I did.  Quick & easy!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Drill the dimples out and cold blue it. Damn. ??
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I actually used some appropriately sized craftsman sockets to swage out the dimples with a 6 or 8 oz Ball peen hammer.  No one made the 20ga size tool so that was my only option.  Works just as well for 12ga too.  Just light tapping is all that is needed, just like raising a dent in a shotgun barrel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Used an extended socket to tap out the dimple on my 20.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Excellent suggestion, gents. I’ll give that a try first.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top