Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2019 9:19:00 AM EDT
My buddy traded a Remington Apache 77 to me last night.  He has had it for quite a few years and never shot it, I was at his house and we were talking .22 rifles when he pulled it out.  I told him how I always wanted one as a kid and he traded me even for a Marlin 60 with quite a few modifications to it.  I don't even know if the Remington functions but appears to be in working order.  I didn't really get it for a shooter but more for the nostalgia, I cant wait to clean it up!
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't ever take it apart ! You may never get it back together.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Now find some magazines for your plinker.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay I did a bit of research and found out it was made in August of 1961 (WH date code).  Its in great shape and was barely fired, I plan on shooting it to change that!  I only ordered one magazine from Midway for it since I read that some fitting may be required.  If it fits or is easy to correct I plan on getting a few more.  This is a great addition to my .22 collection.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics OP... pics.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay I looked a little more at manufacture dates.   It ha an A prefix before the serial number so its a August 87 manufactured Kmart 77 Apache.  It has a dark green/blue swirl stock that really shows the color in bright sunlight.  Kind of cool and somewhat rare to come across.  I'll post pictures as soon as we have a good sunny day.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This!

I found out the hard way.

Neat little rifle though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't ever take it apart ! You may never get it back together.
This!

I found out the hard way.

Neat little rifle though.
Yes, everything I read cautioned to go no further than a field strip for cleaning.  And no lubrication should be used due to the nylon receiver.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Took it out today and fired about fifteen rounds through it and it functions perfectly. I'm happy with my new old rifle!  This rifle only weighs 4 1/2 pounds too, super lightweight.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the black stock/chrome receiver Apache rifle. Bought it 15 years ago after reading an article in a gun magazine about the rifles. Mine is in excellent almost brand new condition. I’ve never got around to shoot it though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The regular Nylon 66 is not too hard to put back together. I take mine down to clean barrel through breach.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Nylon Mohawk 10C and love shooting mine. I have put around 5,000 rounds thru mine over the years and yet to have a problem using all types/makes of .22LR ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top