Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2017 1:00:01 PM EDT
If you own one of those factory Remington 870 top folding "for law enforcement use" stocks, could you please help me with two questions?

1. How much of the barrel does the stock buttplate cover when folded when you measure from the front end of the receiver? I'm pondering a SBS project, and I want to have maybe half an inch of barrel in front of the stock buttplate when it's folded.

2. Will the stock fold properly on a vent rib barrel or will it only work on a barrel without a rib?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
On my 12" barreled 870 it sits right even with the end of the hand guard.

I had to take a file to the rear of the stock where it locks up to get positive "lock" using a vent rib barrel. It isn't necessary unless you're a perfectionist though. Mine locked and stayed in place before just fine the button just didn't protrude all the way out like it should have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top