Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2023 11:55:01 AM EDT
I’m beginning the process of putting together a dedicated .22 upper and I need the auto sear relief cut made in the SP1 upper I’ll be using.  I just need the cut made and not a refinish.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I did the M16 sear relief section grinding (on a DPMS Oracle upper) myself.  It's not rocket surgery.  The grinding stone was pretty much totally clogged with aluminum when I was done, but I've been shooting the upper for over ten years and thousands of rounds without any problems.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer.  I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation or sponsorship for endorsements, or favorable public or private comments.  I do not have a website, podcasts, webinars, or online videos; or books/magazine articles.  Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only; and products or services were purchased by me from regular commercial sources.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I no longer have a Bridgeport, but I do have a Dremel.  Pre-Bridgeport I would have Dremeled it, but I prefer the milled appearance now.  There’s no going back for me, lol!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were contemplating your project, I would be contacting John Thomas at Retro Arms Works. He is highly recommended, both for stellar quality and fast turnaround.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll check him out.  Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top