Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2018 1:51:58 AM EDT
Hello all,

I'm looking to jump into some night shooting and looking for a pair of goggles to attach to my Team Wendy LTP. Does anyone have recommendations for what I can/should buy for under $7,500?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
There are a few binocular setups that are within your price range but it doesn't leave room in your budget for a mount, IR laser, or and other accessories.
https://tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-binoculars/

If you want to go more budget friendly a PVS-14 is a good choice, it is probably the most common and popular NV optic.
https://tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-monoculars/

I went the PVS-14 route and am very happy with the setup, it saved me a lot of money and is more than sufficient for my needs as a civilian.

If you are new to NV I would recommend one of the TNVC training classes, the entry level one I took was very informative and fun. Also don't hesitate to just call them, they have amazing customer service and can walk you through your setup and make sure what you are buying is ideal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For these types of requests, typically the more information the better--

Is $7,500 your budget for the device alone? Or for all of the supporting equipment that you need?

$7,500 can go a pretty long ways depending on what it is that you want/need to spend it on, and how much, if any you need to have left over for support equipment--you mentioned already having a helmet, but do you need a mount(s), are you factoring in an IR laser for your weapon as well, etc.

Beyond that, what kind of application are you looking for? Hunting? "Tactical" shooting? General use/recreation? Driving? Bounty hunting?

Depending on what application you're looking at, your $7,500 may go further buying the nicest set of binos you can afford--or it may be better to get a PVS-14 and a thermal monocular or an NV/thermal weapon sight.

~Augee
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I actually spoke to someone from your company on FB and he/she was super helpful.

It would be for tactical shooting and my budget of $7500 is for the device alone. I have a separate budget for the mount (could use recommendations on which ones are good for my helmet!) and planning to purchase an ATPIAL-C shortly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly at that price or maybe another $300 youre getting great spec tubes in the mount you like.  They do different things with different goals so there is no one size fits all.  But you should be getting at least OmniVIII tubes that are going to be outstanding.  Their may be a slight elite tier above there but for the average person it will be fantastic.  So get the ones you like.  Nothing bad is being sold at that price point from any of the reputable dealers
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My recommendation is Sentinels with the Wilcox L4 G24 mount. I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I ran a pvs14 on a g11 for awhile and then decided to dive into the bino world. I'm now running a dtnvg on a g24 mount and couldn't be happier. Depending on what tubes you want this setup is obtainable in your price point. I'm running photonis "echo" and am extremely happy with them so far.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ran a pvs14 on a g11 for awhile and then decided to dive into the bino world. I'm now running a dtnvg on a g24 mount and couldn't be happier. Depending on what tubes you want this setup is obtainable in your price point. I'm running photonis "echo" and am extremely happy with them so far.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/311659/20180407_203338-546473.jpg
View Quote
A little off topic here, do you know in what specs your Echo tubes came in? There's some variation in min specs here in EU, but some say FOM min 1500, some say FOM1800, but the latter could be the "Echo+" variant. More blems apparently than full spec INTENS, otherwise could be just as good.

Now that they are available in EU too (which is funny US got them first while Photonis being from EU) I am thinking of switching to them at some point.

And on topic: been happy with my DTNVG too. You need to ask yourself if you need the swiveling sides or not. They have their minuses too, takes a sec to adjust when lowered down from stowed position. But then again the stowage position is so close to the helmet that you barely notice them on your head.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A little off topic here, do you know in what specs your Echo tubes came in? There's some variation in min specs here in EU, but some say FOM min 1500, some say FOM1800, but the latter could be the "Echo+" variant. More blems apparently than full spec INTENS, otherwise could be just as good.

Now that they are available in EU too (which is funny US got them first while Photonis being from EU) I am thinking of switching to them at some point.

And on topic: been happy with my DTNVG too. You need to ask yourself if you need the swiveling sides or not. They have their minuses too, takes a sec to adjust when lowered down from stowed position. But then again the stowage position is so close to the helmet that you barely notice them on your head.
View Quote
I have spec sheets at home, I will take a look after work and get back to you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My recommendation is Sentinels with the Wilcox L4 G24 mount. I love mine.
View Quote
What he said. Love my sentinels on the G24 mount - rugged, sturdy, damn near bomb-proof. If you can justify bumping up your price range a little more and getting WP sentinels, it'll be worth it. Trust me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I will admit that the photonis/dep echo vs intense thing is about as clear as mud. My spec sheets have no "min" or "required" spec listed. Both tubes FOM are over 1900.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top