Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2021 12:16:42 PM EDT
I've built only one complete  upper slide (G-19 type and installed with some success a set of Trijicon night sights but for future builds, I'd like to have a good budget sight pusher.
I'm planning on building a few more slides and I have a few different striker fired upper slides including Glock, Canik and I have an S&W XD-M that all might need adjustments in the future.
What make and model sight pusher is good and what does everyone use when installing standard sights onto the upper slides?
I can easily damage sights when using punch and drift pins and rubber mallets, I want to do it the best and safest way without spending too much.
I like good tools and will spend a little extra if needed, thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.wyomingsightdrifter.com

Discovered this tool from them a little while ago. Works very well for adjusting sights already installed.

As for new installs, do your research and go with the one with the best reviews. Personally I have always used eyes, tape, taphammer, and punches. Occasionally a set of padded vice jaws are used to start things off. Or you can use a small desktop arbor press as a starter.

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have this one and it works great for the money and amount I use it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019396518?pid=104756

Wheeler or MGW always seem to be highly recommended, but I didn't want to spend that much for the little I personally needed to do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The MGW Range Master is worth every penny.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I use one of these.  
Wiregear
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wheeler or MGW always seem to be highly recommended, but I didn't want to spend that much for the little I personally needed to do.
View Quote
I have the same sight pusher. While there are definitely better ones out there, this one does the job just fine. I don't use it everyday and it suits my needs. If I was using a sight pusher all of the time, I would get a better one. The VISM sight pusher is fine for home use.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Use a vise with anti marr jaws, brass punch and caliper. Make the rear sight dead center with a .001” measurement on both sides of the rear sight. This is by far the cheapest and yet most effective way of zeroing a rear sight. Also guarantee front sight is centered on the slide by using the same exact .001” standard or as close to that as possible. A not perfectly centered (either front or rear) sight can make them out of alignment. You’re welcome I just saved you at least $60.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the wheeler, ncstart and the B&J 500. The B&J is the most tedious to get set up but it's also the most versatile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top