Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2020 7:24:46 PM EDT
So, I was finally able to get my Serbu BFG out on a range. The gun shot great, perceived recoil was very manageable. I was shooting LC19 M33. However, the EOtech 512 that was sitting on top lasted just 9 rounds before it shit the sheets. I thought the EOtech was good to go but apparently not

Can anyone recommend an RDS or Holo sight that can handle the 50?

I don’t need a reticle scaled for 50, just something that can take the punishment.  

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Did it just hammer the battery contacts or did it really break it apart?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks like parts of the projector broke loose and are rattling around in the field off view.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
RX30 did fine on mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trijicon MGRS?
It's made for it...
https://www.trijicon.com/products/subcategory/trijicon-mgrs
View Quote

Got damn that is nice but $$$$
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It looks like parts of the projector broke loose and are rattling around in the field off view.
View Quote

Wow, that is crazy. Hope you find a good solution.  I have an aluminum cmore on a 458 socom, but that is about 1/6 the recoil of the big 50
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If I had to bet on one without doing research I would bet Aimpoint. I ran a EOtech on mine for a bit but it was mostly as a joke. Shoot a few emails off to the various companies and see who will warranty them

Quoted:
View Quote

That was my first thought. Years ago when everyone was putting EOtechs on everything there was a lot of talk about the sideways battery models being better for high recoil applications.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trijicon MGRS?
It's made for it...
https://www.trijicon.com/products/subcategory/trijicon-mgrs
View Quote

I wish there something similar sized that wasn't crazy priced. These big boys are one of the few applications where I am not worried about a few ounces here and there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
An Aimpoint will take the pounding. We built up the original CQ's for the Coast Guard when I was at Barrett. They specified the 20" barrel and Aimpoints zeroed for 200 m.
We fired the piss put of the first 10 rifles for the CQ with the Aimpoints.  They took the pounding from the .50 with no problems and retained the 200 m zero.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
An Aimpoint will take the pounding. We built up the original CQ's for the Coast Guard when I was at Barrett. They specified the 20" barrel and Aimpoints zeroed for 200 m.
We fired the piss put of the first 10 rifles for the CQ with the Aimpoints.  They took the pounding from the .50 with no problems and retained the 200 m zero.
View Quote

You remember which Aimpoint it was? I think they are all similarly tough.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Whatever the new style was around 2003 or so. Don't remember which one it was.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe the military also used Comp M4's on M82's occasionally. Mine has been holding up just fine.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top