[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote
https://holsterops.com/collections/quick-locking-system-qls

Basically, mount a QLS fork to your holster, then get adapters to work with your mounting base (e.g., MOLLE, belt). It's a quick-disconnect system for Safariland holsters.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont use molle for a slim battle belt (1.5" to 2"), use a normal belt holster attachment. It will save a lot of time and headache and it wont move.

Use a Safariland Glock 19 SLS holster to save money. An ALS holster to have more speed. Use a Glock 17 holster for the extended threaded barrel Glock 19.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
https://holsterops.com/collections/glock/products/safariland-model-7377-7ts-als-belt-loop-holster

Can you cancel? The above is in stock, under $40, fits any slim warbelt other than Volund Gearworks, which is too thick, has auto locking system. Cones in black or FDE. A duty grade piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Really need one with MOLLE attachments and not really interested in add ons or conversions to make that happen. Got plenty of just belt loop holsters.

Not really jazzed about the Ares wait time, certainly wished that would have been clear upfront, but I also ordered a similar one from their "ready ship" category so I assume that will arrive in a week or so.
View Quote
Why? molle holsters arent as stable
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Really need one with MOLLE attachments and not really interested in add ons or conversions to make that happen. Got plenty of just belt loop holsters.

Not really jazzed about the Ares wait time, certainly wished that would have been clear upfront, but I also ordered a similar one from their "ready ship" category so I assume that will arrive in a week or so.
View Quote
Not the cheapest option, because you need either the Trifecta Connecta or Holster Extender, but the S&S Precision GRT system is really nice and serves a function similar to the Safariland QLS system.

ETA: has belt and MOLLE adapters, and the MOLLE adapters are low profile.

https://www.sandsprecision.com/gear-retention-track.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
What exact belt do you have? As stated, molle holsters are considerably more floppy, have more cant issues, are more unstable on a micro war belt, not to mention the pain in the ass to adjust placement in only 1" intervals.

A custom kydex friction holster with an add on retention system is not in the same class as a duty holster like the Safariland ALS.

We are just trying to point you to the best holster for your needs from experience vs. just entertaining an arbitrary request of listed specifications. The safariland QLS is as strong as a bolted on belt loop, suitable to prevent gun grabs, it is the strongest QD system made and amounts to a spacer only with zero compromise in strength. All molle connections are add on compromises IMO. If you wanted to attach to molle other than a belt there are several options with various advantages and drawbacks.

The reason for my directing you to what I am is a giant bin of non starter holsters, attachment types, belts, etc. that I used for work and recreation, hoping you dont have to end up with one of your own. But perhaps Im just not clear on your specific need/application.

For example, if you told me you wanted a semi auto, long stroke piston rifle, made of steel that was very reliable for F Class comps. I would try to talk you out of using an AK47 to shoot F Class competitions, even it it fit your initial requirement list.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Totally get where your coming from. I've been shooting pistol since I was 13 and have several dozen pistol specific classes under my belt.

I just have never put a pistol on a specific "battle belt" type setup. When I wear a pistol it's either concealed or around the homestead a Tagua holster on a wide belt with two extra mag pouches.

If you all are telling me these Ares holsters are total shit then just say so, or if you want to not say it publicly PM me. It won't hurt my feelings :)
View Quote
I have no experience with Ares Holsters, their products look fairly well made as far as kydex goes...

That said, I can say from experience that bolting a couple MALICE clips to a kydex holster as they have done and using it on a MOLLE belt is a poor, sloppy, and disappointing  mounting setup.  MOLLE type attachments really should have the clip weave between loops on the object and the mount surface to really lock up tight.  Here, you don't have that, and unless your belt has a full two rows of 1" webbing AND is stiff and rigid, you'll get a lot of up and down/front and back shifting of the holster because the belt is soft and can flex, allowing the two rows of webbing to collapse and pinch together and because there is usually give in MOLLE slots.  MALICE clips are also semi soft, and without the "weave-back" onto the body of the holster between the two belt webbing rows, the MALICE clips with flex out into a bit of an oval shape and allow the holster to sag out away from your body.  It's just a sloppy way to interface a kydex holster with a belt, which is probably the reason why so few of the vast number of holster makers offer such an option.

I think one of the better options if you must use the MOLLE to interface with the holster, is the G-Code RTI mount.  Unlike two MALICE clips, it uses a solid single piece backer and locks in place with screws.  Much more rigid (still has some play because the wiggle room in the MOLLE slot), and would take any holster that uses G-Code's mount pattern.  Otherwise, I'll agree with DevL, I much rather prefer a strong slide over mount like the Safariland UBL with a QLS plate since it doesn't confine you to the set MOLLE channels and is more rigid because the mount gets sort of locked in place because the belt weaves through it, pinching the edges of the "loops" between the belt and your waist.  You do need to have a belt capable of weaving through loops though.  If your belt is a bigger, thick padded type, you might not have that option depending how it's designed.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/gca87-rti-battle-belt-molle-adapter/
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top