Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 5:55:00 PM EDT

My Plainfield M-1 Carbine. I changed the stock from the Plainfield one to a GI type and changed the barrel band to a GI Type 2. I figured since I'd taken the front sight off to do the later I better check zero, I also changed the front sight key for a tighter one since the front sight had some wiggle on it.

100 rounds, 50 per target at 50 yards. The one on the left was the 1st target shooting bench resting, it did need tweaking as you can see.

Target on the right is free hand sitting down. Not bad for a old man Big smile

I did have 2 stovepipes on the 1st 2 ten round mag tests.

That left a couple marks on receiver. 2nd time I've had this issue with this Carbine. I changed mags and had no issues after that.

I think it was the same mag both times. It's my "best" USGI shooter mag too, go figure. This thing loves KCI mags for some reason, I've marked up a couple dedicated just for it.

All I shot today. I'm limiting myself to 100 rounds and 1 Carbine per range trip for the summer. I've 1600 rounds of the Korean left plus 4000 rounds Armscor and S&B for any "social" work I might need in the future. I HATE this ammo crunch
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I still have my sales receipt from 1975 when I bought mine. $99.95 and 3 bucks for a 30 round mag!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. I still have my sales receipt from 1975 when I bought mine. $99.95 and 3 bucks for a 30 round mag!!
View Quote

That's the 3rd Plainfield I've owned over the years. 1st one was reliable, 2nd was a POS that luckily for me the LGS had a good used gun policy (they never could fix it).

This one I bought last summer for $600 bucks plus tax ($99.95, boy those were the days ). It's been fairly reliable with good ammo but mag picky, there are a couple of my "shooting" mags it has issues with.

I figure 90% is good enough for a plinker and keeps the round count down on my "good" Carbines

My "good" Carbines. 2 USGI Inlands, a NPM, a new production Fulton Armory and a "Howa". The Inlands and Howa have been worked over by Fulton and are basically new guns (new barrels and worn parts. The NPM is there now but it shouldn't need much work, the barrel gauged under a 1 and everything felt tight except the trigger group.

It has some wiggle in it but that's from a GI armorer loosening it up, Fulton can tighten that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top