Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:13:58 AM EDT
Trying to determine which tube (OD/ID) size would work with the 1.355 cones. I have been sick so it's probably why my brain is refusing to do the math. More than likely will go with a DM titanium tube. Planning to use for 5.56/300BLKOUT.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
1.5" Ti usually will have a wall thk of .07
1.5 - .07*2 = 1.36
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1.5" Ti usually will have a wall thk of .07
1.5 - .07*2 = 1.36
View Quote
So the 1.500x1.375 version sounds correct. (at least those are the options under the Premium Titanium Tubes over at DM)
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So the 1.500x1.375 version sounds correct. (at least those are the options under the Premium Titanium Tubes over at DM)
View Quote
You will want the 1.360 Id for 1.355 cones. The 1.375 Id tube will require the 1.372 od  cones
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha. Appears the only option for that size is under DM's Select Titanium Tube. Will go with that. Thanks!

EDIT: Spoke to a buddy on here and he said not to go with the ZmachineWorkX cones (which is my limiting factor here) and contact Randyand for his custom cones. Which I have done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gotcha. Appears the only option for that size is under DM's Select Titanium Tube. Will go with that. Thanks!

EDIT: Spoke to a buddy on here and he said not to go with the ZmachineWorkX cones (which is my limiting factor here) and contact Randyand for his custom cones. Which I have done.
View Quote
ZmachineWorkX cones no good??
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ZmachineWorkX cones no good??
View Quote
ZmachineworX provides quality 60° and radial.cones. I have built several cans using his cones. The same cnc shop that makes the cones for ZmachineworX also makes cones for DM..

The main difference is ZmachineworX uses a full skirted cone and DM uses a .125 skirt. To get the optimum spacing I was  cutting the skirts off the ZmachineWorX cones to get what I wanted on the skirt length. Then adding back the interlock lip. This is one of many things I changed when the RSC was released, no skirts, which makes for a lighter can since spacer material has a thinner wall and makes better use of the can volume.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ZmachineworX provides quality 60 and radial.cones. I have built several cans using his cones. The same cnc shop that makes the cones for ZmachineworX also makes cones for DM..

The main difference is ZmachineworX uses a full skirted cone and DM uses a .125 skirt. To get the optimum spacing I was cutting the skirts off the ZmachineWorX cones to get what I wanted on the skirt length. Then adding back the interlock lip. This is one of many things I changed when the RSC was released, no skirts, which makes for a lighter can since spacer material has a thinner wall and makes better use of the can volume.
View Quote
Good to know and thanks for the information!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top