Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:35:13 PM EDT
Only $149 and original Russian.

Tempted?  You should be:

1) the .gov WILL approve Form 1s to restore these as DDs

2) unlike the RPG-7, the 2 does NOT use a 2nd stage rocket motor.  There is ONLY ONE propelling charge and

3) the propelling charge is simple black powder (not sure what grade).

Before anyone asks: if you re-load an inert/dummy round (ie no shaped charge), the round itself IS NOT A DD!! There is no payload.  The propelling charge is consumed upon firing - just like a muzzle loading cannon.

After your form 1 is approved, The demil process looks very straightforward to repair.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
To anyone getting the paperwork done to add one of these the collection, all I can add is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a link to them? I cannot find on the site
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an RPG2 on a fresh form 2. Prototype barrel is in production and once everything works, my new design for a subcal round will follow shortly.

A lot of live RPG stuff is about to drop on the market. Watch TXMGO and Macon Armory. This will be unique.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Woot!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump for a link.  cant find it either.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#6]
They sold out quick, and took the page down.  It was gone very quickly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
crap
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
They are still out there for sale if you look hard enough on the web.

Anyone ever see a reactivated one in action at Knob Creek or the Big Sandy?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an RPG2 on a fresh form 2. Prototype barrel is in production and once everything works, my new design for a subcal round will follow shortly.

A lot of live RPG stuff is about to drop on the market. Watch TXMGO and Macon Armory. This will be unique.
View Quote
-2 -7?

Subcal DDs?

I've been needing a RPG-7 for a while and missed out on the Czech subcals Sarco had.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

-2 -7?

Subcal DDs?

I've been needing a RPG-7 for a while and missed out on the Czech subcals Sarco had.
View Quote
Reactivating both a -7 and a -2. The subcal rounds should NOT be DD.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Full size inert -2 rounds are also NOT DDs.

A full size inert -7 rocket-assisted round would probably be viewed just like a Jyro-jet round: a DD requiring $200 stamp each.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Only if the rocket motor was over 4 oz. Would likely still be subject to low explosives storage requirements. Just like hobby rocketry.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-2 -7?

Subcal DDs?

Very cool.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up one of these when Centerfire offered them last year. After the form 1 is approved what is involved in the undoing the demill process? Also what caliber are you putting on your form 1?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]
It depends on your demil.  I paid extra for an RPG2 off gunbroker that didn't have a welded firing pin... there is actually a little vent that when the projectile fires, gas comes out around the firing pin and vents to the right side (you probably shouldn't fire it off your left shoulder).  I'm not sure it's super complex, it's just not a straight forward firing pin hole.  I'm also not sure that it matters if the vent is intact.

If you look at an RPG2 firing pin, it's got a flange on it, where the RPG7 firing pin does not.  The firing pin retainer looks the same to me, between the '7 and the '2.

I put 40mm on mine, but that's also what I intend to shoot out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top