Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 9:41:30 AM EDT
So this is the first I’ve seen of this on the rnvg, I’ve owned them since new for going on 4 years. When I shoot my 12.5” ar10 the muzzle blast shuts the goggles off. Seems strange, it’s a strong muzzle blast but nothing that should shut them off. Tubes are not loose as far as I know. Is this something inherent with the contact board on the rnvg?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The muzzle flash is too bright so the autogating feature is causing the tubes to shut down to prevent damage.

Edit: just noticed who posted this and know you're familiar with all this. Could be an issue in the housing, but not sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Automating would be a long blink not a power down. In for the answer!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s definitely not the flash. If you smack the goggles really hard one pod shuts off.  Both shut off with the concussion of the blast however. I guess I can take them apart and check to see if the tube retainers are tight but wanted to get some input before I crack them open.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s definitely not the flash. If you smack the goggles really hard one pod shuts off.  Both shut off with the concussion of the blast however. I guess I can take them apart and check to see if the tube retainers are tight but wanted to get some input before I crack them open.
View Quote

First thing I would check is the tube retaining rings. Take them out then check and make sure the tube is set in the index pin then reinstall the retaining ring. If that is good to go, then the goggles will have to be sent back in for maintenance/repair since it is most likely a loose connection between the tube and bridge.

When you take off the eyepieces, it would be prudent to have a can of air duster on hand to blow out any debris before reinstalling the eyepieces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top