Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2023 9:24:08 PM EDT
This smaller screw was one of two which came with the red dot, and after five shots let loose and sent the RMR into my forehead. The replacement screws from Primary Machine seem larger and definitely gave more feedback threading in just now.

Did the factory include the wrong diameter screws, or is the factory Glock mounting plate drilled and tapped larger than what Trijicon had intended for their product?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gsd1983] [#1]
Belay that, I missed a key point.

I know Glock had an issue with the first MOS plate screws, however I’m not sure if they are a different thread pitch. I remember the Flying RMR saga at a RYG match shortly after the MOS came out. Screws were too short and launching red dots everywhere halfway through a plate rack run.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
Belay that, I missed a key point.

I know Glock had an issue with the first MOS plate screws, however I’m not sure if they are a different thread pitch. I remember the Flying RMR saga at a RYG match shortly after the MOS came out. Screws were too short and launching red dots everywhere halfway through a plate rack run.
View Quote

The Primary Machine ones felt much, MUCH nicer being threaded in. The thread pitch is different and the diameter of the screws are different as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The screw on the left appears to be a 3mm screw like what is used to attach to a MOS plate to a slide, while the right screw looks to be #6-32, like trijicon specs to mount the optic.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you used the wrong screws if it was mounted on an MOS glock and you used the factory screws...

The screws to mount the plate to the slide and the screws to mount the optic to the plate are NOT interchangeable. The thread pitch and the size are different.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through this when I first got a dot. Neither the RMR, nor the Glock came with the right screws. There was one set that was far too long, and one that only had like a thread or two of engagement. I said, fuckit, the manufacturer must have a reason for that, and used the short ones.

Wham, right in the forehead. Big lump. I should have known better.

So, I looked to the aftermarket…Glockstore, I think. The screws they sent were too large in thread diameter. So, I contacted them, sent pics, and discussed the problem. They sent me new screws, and said they tested them before sending to ensure they were right. Nope. Not even close.

I ended up using CHPWS, and have used their plate and screws on every Glock since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top