Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2023 2:16:15 AM EDT
With Quarterbore's site going down earlier in the year, I'm working to consolidate all my Lightning Link info for safekeeping/future reference.

Anyone have Quarterbore's pages saved from before it went down?  Care to share?

Paging some of the key players across the various RLL threads:

@esox (tried to message - full inbox.  Would love to get your videos!)
@jbntex (swapped emails with you on Shrike buffer set ups many moons ago)
@circuits
@amphibian

Who else am I missing?  Lightning Links are a small club - a niche community within an already niche community.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TyrannyOfTheMinority:
With Quarterbore's site going down earlier in the year, I'm working to consolidate all my Lightning Link info for safekeeping/future reference.

Anyone have Quarterbore's pages saved from before it went down?  Care to share?

Paging some of the key players across the various RLL threads:

@esox (tried to message - full inbox.  Would love to get your videos!)
@jbntex (swapped emails with you on Shrike buffer set ups many moons ago)
@circuits
@amphibian

Who else am I missing?  Lightning Links are a small club - a niche community within an already niche community.
View Quote
I have never owned a RLL but have friends that have them.
Fortunately for you one of my friends archived everything he had and gave it to me and I just had it sitting on a hard drive.
I just uploaded it to my website and added some info on my friend Kyllian's successful 22LR setup which I need to get updates on since he made it simpler better.
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1362

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
... Lightning Links are a small club - a niche community within an already niche community.
View Quote

With only 520 Lightning Links ever having been registered with the BATF prior to the May, 1986 cutoff, and several of those being known to have been destroyed; that is a very correct observation.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like amphibian has it all saved off. All I could potentially add would be fresh scans of the "AR-15 Auto Connector" instruction sheet original, given I made the one quarterbore and now amphibian have been using back in about 2002.

It's long been an open question whether serials started at 1, or at 100 or 101 - the latter of which would imply there are 100 fewer out there than previously thought, as the highest serial number I've seen has been 524. I've seen 1xx serials, but never below 100. There is at least one Atchisson original handmade example on the registry, if it still exists, and might be more from the pre-SWD days.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want to say thank you OP and everyone else who has contributed to this information!
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you! I still want to figure out how to make mine work for .22LR.  Haven't gotten there yet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TyrannyOfTheMinority] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amphibian:
I have never owned a RLL but have friends that have them.
Fortunately for you one of my friends archived everything he had and gave it to me and I just had it sitting on a hard drive.
I just uploaded it to my website and added some info on my friend Kyllian's successful 22LR setup which I need to get updates on since he made it simpler better.
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1362

View Quote

Wow! Well done Amphibian - swooping in for the win even without a RLL!  Great job archiving all that on your site.  Thanks to you and your buddy!

Sorry for my mistake.  I see your posts so often in the same threads, in my mind I figured you had one.  In that vein, your info/input into your ROF efforts and otherwise have been invaluable to me (and others, I'm sure).  Well done Sir.  

Sidebar: I'm in the process of switching my buffer set up on my MCR/Shrike to mimic your preferred components.  I had been running a MGI buffer and Springco, but it's more jumpy that it ought to be.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sidebar: I'm in the process of switching my buffer set up on my MCR/Shrike to mimic your preferred components.  I had been running a MGI buffer and Springco, but it's more jumpy that it ought to be.
View Quote
Yeah, I have the Shrike as smooth as I think I can get it with a nice cyclic rate.  It is still more jumpy than a standard gas system M16.  I haven't seen any front end piston system to run as smooth as a tuned standard gas system M16 which is why I typically don't like them.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top