Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2023 1:10:52 PM EDT
So I’m in the process of putting together a handy fudd gun for hunting. I have a REM 700 (.243) at my local smith getting the barrel chopped to 16” and threaded for a Xeno mount.

It’s currently set up with a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 in a set of Leupold 30mm Backcountry ringmounts (awesome rings btw). However, I’d like to run a piggyback mrds.

Is anyone aware of such a ring available? I’m looking for a 1 piece mounting solution, front and rear rings that mount directly to the receiver, I don’t want to run pic rings off a pic rail mounted to the receiver. I want a 1 piece ring and mount that incorporates a top ring capable of mounting a mrds, if that makes sense
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 6:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SaltySourdough] [#1]
I don’t think what you want exists, but this might be an option for you.

https://www.larue.com/products/burris-docter-optic-and-trijicon-rmr-ring-mount-lt788/

edit: This is as close as I can find to direct mount one piece base/ring combo. Might be able to find a pic ring that fits it.

https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-remington-3/

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I think I need to clarify what I'm searching for. A stand alone mount like the Larue would be good a good option, albeit quite pricey. Unfortunately it looks like my only option.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm looking for something like these Talley lightweight rings, only with a mrds mount machined into the top cap of the front ring.

Attachment Attached File

So I'm looking for a Talley type of ring/mount with a top ring like the Reptilia ROF, and honestly I'm kind of surprised this isn't a thing given the popularity of piggyback mrds.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea the Larue is pricey, you’d also need enough room on the scope tube to mount it.

These guys make Talley style 1pc ring/bases with 25moa built in. They offer other models with pic rail rings. Maybe they could set you up?

https://hawkinsprecision.com/product/long-range-hybrid-rings/

Maybe the Reptilia pic ring would fit a Talley/Leupold Backcountry/Hawkins?
I have a set of Talley 30mm rings/bases for a 700 s/a that I can measure hole spacing on if you need.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:09:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#4]
I’ll have to shoot them an email. I just sent Reptilia a please make this just for me email

Edit: Well that was quick. Got a response from Reptilia, nothing currently in the works even though they liked my idea.

Edit 2: Got an answer from Hawkins, not offered nor do they intend to offer..

0 for 2 so far
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I couldn’t find dimensions for screw spacing on any of the top rings to see if they’re cross compatible.

My buddy’s got a couple of those Larue mounts and hasn’t had any issues. Probably your only option until someone makes what you’re after.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I think you’re right. Now to decide between a DPP and an RMR, I’m leaning towards the Deltapoint.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NesralG:
I think you’re right. Now to decide between a DPP and an RMR, I’m leaning towards the Deltapoint.
View Quote

RMR.

The Deltapoint is too fragile to mount on a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#8]
Double
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the rifle back today. Put it all back together, here's what I'm working with. I think the LaRue mount will be perfect for an RMR.

I might not have the clearance between the mount and the scope tube though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea I don’t think you’ll have enough room there either.

Flip the front mount 180 degrees and slide the scope forward a little?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a cheap one from Amazon for like 25 bucks. I use it on my main rifle for passive NV shooting. Will probably replace it with a better quality in the future.

Would love to have one on the scope cap as well for my 8.6 blk.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

RMR.

The Deltapoint is too fragile to mount on a rifle.
View Quote

I guess someone failed to inform my 12 gauge tactical shotgun of that.  Full power 1300 fps 00 buckshot and slugs don't faze it.
Top Top