Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2019 12:29:50 AM EDT
I’m pretty new to NV and I decided early on that an IR laser for my pistol would be better purely based on intuition.

I finally got my G19 setup with an RMR, it’s changed my thoughts completely.

I was skeptical to how it would work under NODs.  All I can say is wow.  Certainly an eye opener.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got my first RMR on a pistol and agree that it is very nice. I have a laser as well on that pistol but have considered moving it to my AR pistol.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep hearing/reading this.  I might have to experiment with something along these lines on my FNX45 tactical that currently wears a laser.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep hearing/reading this.  I might have to experiment with something along these lines on my FNX45 tactical that currently wears a laser.
View Quote
I run a X400V-B-IRC and a RMR06 for a variety of reasons. A little bigger payload but well worth the advantages especially when running a COTI fusion system with NV.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel like most people who shoot enough behind NODs will prefer a good RDS setup to a laser.

That's been my experience, and what I've noticed among friends.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
RDS and laser can both be quick and accurate however I find the RDS better. The reasoning is being proficient, you are more likely to be able to use the RDS more and get proficient to a higher level. Once you are proficient with the RDS then intergrating that shooting with NVGs is fluid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top