Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2018 1:33:31 AM EDT
I posted this in GD, but I want to spread the word about how awesome RCBS was to me today.

Years ago (like, 10-15), I bought an RCBS Chargemaster scale.  Can't remember if it was off the EE, or Ebay, or somewhere else, for like $50.  It's served me well ever since.

About three years ago, I bought the matching dispenser from Amazon.  Was planning on using it for precision rifle loads, but I couldn't get the combo of scale and dispenser to work.  It kept throwing overcharged loads, like 70% of the time, or more.  And the overthrows were by .2 grains, kind of useless for precision work.

Google had some things to try--a McDonald's straw, RFI noise supressor on the power cord, altered the firmware to slow down the trickle function earlier.  Nothing worked.

Finally called RCBS.  Got a technician, did some back and forth on what I'd tried, then got a call from one of their engineers.  He identified the problem as a circuit board problem in a small batch of dispensers, where the motor moved too much during the trickle phase and overcharged.

Without asking where I got the dispenser from, he offered to send me a new one.  Cool, and thanks, says I.

But then he says he's going to go to the warehouse and make sure the dispenser he sends me doesn't have that problem.  Which he proceeds to do.

I got the package from RCBS today.  And was pleasantly surprised on what I got.

Attachment Attached File

They sent me the complete setup.  Sells for $329 on Amazon.  And, no, he specifically said he didn't want my old stuff back, "keep it and use it, it works fine on ball powders, just not stick."

So--quickly identified the problem; hand-selected the replacement, verified it didn't have the problem I was having, and sent along a $150 scale to boot.

RCBS is my new favorite company!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
RCBS is one company who truly cares about customer service.

A rare occurrence anymore. Every time I have any kind of problem all it takes is a E-mail.

They respond and take care of the problem. RCBS for life for me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a neat trickler.  I didn't know that type of product was on the market. 
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to see they still haven't changed their business model.  People wonder why 90% of my stuff is green.......this is why.  Been a customer for 45 years and counting.  If they have a weakness it's marketing.....
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

RCBS is my new favorite company!
View Quote
I've had similar experiences with RCBS.  They've been a favorite of mine since I started reloading 40 years ago, so you can be confident that their customer service is not only great, it has been CONSISTENTLY great for years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top