Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2018 7:15:52 PM EDT
Does anyone sell these?

Will ruger even let me buy one?

Dumbass local gunsmith lost mine (or failed to reinstall) after threading months ago and I just noticed it was missing after seeing my barrel was no longer free floating.

I expect the turdsmith to deny everything (even though it shot sub-moa, had the block and was FF before he molested it, and I haven't taken the action out of the stock since before it went to him). So I'll have to get one from somewhere.

Maybe one of you guys have a take-off from doing a project rifle?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask the gunsmith about it, he might have it or another one. If he lost it maybe he would bed the action or under the barrel were the block sits for you.

I bet Ruger will sale one of even give you one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to ask numbnuts about it tomorrow when he's open, but considering he couldn't install a front sight correctly (crooked, not clocked right, simple D&T), or cut threads to a length of .400, and cut them out to .475... I'm not letting him touch a super soaker.

I wasn't going to waste any further effort with him the first time around because it would require a trip to ruger and a replacement barrel.

Anyway, I hope you're right that ruger will sell/give the part. I had the impression that they don't like to just sell parts. Maybe that was springfield...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Have your serial number ready when you call Ruger. That should be all you need for success.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have your serial number ready when you call Ruger. That should be all you need for success.
View Quote
This. Ruger has always been good to me
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the consolation guys. Ruger was awesome and they're sending me me one out for free even after mentioning my expectation to pay for it.

I was in kind of a pissed off panic. Yesterday when I posted that was literally the most angry I've ever been, second being the first time (threading/front sight hack) around... I was so mad that I wasn't even mad, it broke me.

Dude doesn't open until 5pm today, so I'll deal with him later.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some pictures because she's pretty and shoots amazing (when the action is bedded...)
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
A little update. Ruger got the block to me within 10 days (I was out of town).

It was plug and play, block dropped right in kinda snug. Action fits in the stock properly again.

Thanks Ruger!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top