Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2020 12:27:49 AM EDT
LE trade in, 14" SBS with ghost ring sights for $350. Slightly high, but pretty decent in this market. I fent... the day after buying an LE trade in 870 from Capital Armory.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I was going to turn a Mavrick 88 into an SBS... This is easier!

Good Looking out!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OAK667:
Cool, I was going to turn a Mavrick 88 into an SBS... This is easier!

Good Looking out!
View Quote
I had a Shockwave I was going to do the same to. But the factory 590A1 is what I wanted anyway. My plan was to upgrade the Shockwave with A1 parts and by the time you add the stock, engraving, ghost ring sights, sight installation or new barrel, etc. it would have been an astronomical cost versus the trade-in 590A1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
This would go on a form 3? Need to get fingerprints for this now even if you have a trust?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
This would go on a form 3? Need to get fingerprints for this now even if you have a trust?
View Quote
Yes, it would go on an eform 3 to your dealer and form 4 to you. You need prints for each responsible person on the trust. Easy as shit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuuuuck you
Bought one
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Do it. I bought 2 several years ago and no regerts...  
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By scottMO:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2158/7F8E6320-8A1C-4F3E-B746-8CAFB35D8349_jpe-1674277.JPG

Do it. I bought 2 several years ago and no regerts...  
View Quote

I don't think these have the speed feed stocks, but who knows. Guess I will find out in about 10 days.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Fuuuuck you
Bought one
View Quote
You're welcome, sweetheart.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]

I don't think these have the speed feed stocks, but who knows. Guess I will find out in about 10 days.
View Quote
I'll post up a picture of mine when I can get it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I stopped by last Thursday and got one there pretty nice little shotguns for the price now just the wait
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Goddam it OP, now I've gone and ordered one too
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine shipped today
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the dumb question, but are these already threaded for chokes, or can they easily be threaded for chokes that would be compatible with a Salvo 12?  I may or may not have a SilencerCo Salvo 12 sitting around that needs a home.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn’t notice any treads for chokes in the two that I looked at
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By gearjammer:
I didn’t notice any treads for chokes in the two that I looked at
View Quote

Did the ones you looked at appear to be in decent condition?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Corso0331:

Did the ones you looked at appear to be in decent condition?
View Quote

Mine

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sold out
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corso0331] [#18]

Looks great!  Can't wait to get it and hope to have the same stock on mine. Thank you for this thread!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Looks great!  Can't wait to get it and hope to have the same stock on mine. Thank you for this thread!
View Quote

Thanks! Yeah, I can't wait either lol. I figure a little alumablack on the right side of the receiver will disappear and it will look sharp.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#20]

Mine needs a little love, might do a Cerakote, but I’m digging the worn look.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corso0331] [#21]

Doesn’t look all that bad. Did you receive an email from quiet riot that yours was shipped to your ffl?  
Thanks for the pic. Looks like the serial number I was given is in the 1997-98 range
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Doesn’t look all that bad. Did you receive an email from quiet riot that yours was shipped to your ffl?  
Thanks for the pic. Looks like the serial number I was given is in the 1997-98 range
View Quote

Yes, with a UPS tracking link.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I just saw this. I went to buy one and they're all sold out. Damn it!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Yes, with a UPS tracking link.
View Quote

Thanks, I haven't been emailed one yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks, I haven't been emailed one yet.
View Quote

The Form 3 can take up to 14 days.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]
No major blems on mine
Speedfeed stock, red panted front sight, no chokes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corso0331] [#27]
Picked mine up yesterday. The inside of the barrel was filthy and after cleaning it there’s some pitting just past the chamber. Tried to get some pics of it but they didn’t come out good. I doubt it’ll affect anything, I’ll shoot it maybe Monday or Tuesday. The exterior isn’t as banged up as I expected so there’s that I guess.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Picked mine up yesterday. The inside of the barrel was filthy and after cleaning it there’s some pitting just past the chamber. Tried to get some pics of it but they didn’t come out good. I doubt it’ll affect anything, I’ll shoot it maybe Monday or Tuesday. The exterior isn’t as banged up as I expected so there’s that I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/dUCrJMv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tvxKLCQ.jpg
View Quote

That looks suspiciously like heavy plastic wad fouling; are you sure it's pitting? I'd try a specialty cleaner and an appropriate bronze brush.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:

That looks suspiciously like heavy plastic wad fouling; are you sure it's pitting? I'd try a specialty cleaner and an appropriate bronze brush.
View Quote

It certainly could be I guess. I’ll have to get some decent cleaner and a good brush to give it a go. All I have is a bore snake at the moment.

I just soaked it in Mpro and ran a bore snake through it a bunch of times.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:01:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bog_Irish] [#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#31]
When I worked in a shop in the 80s we'd see shotguns fouled with lead and plastic heavily and we'd use a cordless hand drill with variable speed - a shotgun cleaning rod, with some scotchbrite wrapped around the brush and scrib the barrel - the caked on crap it took out was amazing.   Usualy left a shiny clean bore even for the dirtiest of barrels.  Shotgun powders dont' usually corrode - most are just caked up with powder residue, plastic and lead.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Just picked mine up. It looks about like the rest posted. I haven’t had a chance to clean it yet and it is filthy. But I did notice that it has a dim tritium front sight. Nice beater for the money. I’ll probably have it threaded for chokes but otherwise I’ll just put a sling on it and leave it as is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Got the call yesterday for mine and picked it up today 4 days shy of a 8 month wait happy shooting guys
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I need to check the status of mine. Should be soon :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

@corso0331

That's exactly what that is.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Ugh still waiting on mine
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Got mine in last month and had Steve thread for choke tubes.  Put in for the Salvo 12 in the same timeframe as the SBS, which finally came in last week.

I've got an EoTech I had laying around on it right now, but it's way too high.  I expect this gun to get banged around a lot, so I'd like to use a robust, large-window reflex sight that can mount really low- maybe even directly to the receiver, if possible.  Anybody aware of such a thing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#41]
Originally Posted By MrFisher:
Got mine in last month and had Steve thread for choke tubes.  Put in for the Salvo 12 in the same timeframe as the SBS, which finally came in last week.

I've got an EoTech I had laying around on it right now, but it's way too high.  I expect this gun to get banged around a lot, so I'd like to use a robust, large-window reflex sight that can mount really low- maybe even directly to the receiver, if possible.  Anybody aware of such a thing?
https://i.imgur.com/F5GBKbE.png
View Quote

KE Arms makes a direct mount for the aimpoint micro pattern, and I think RMR pattern. I'm using that plus a Holosun 503 on mine. Or at least I will when the form 1 clears.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

might like an aimpoint acro or holosun 509T
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corso0331] [#43]

View Quote

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

@corso0331

That's exactly what that is.
View Quote

You guys were all correct. It was not pitting. Once I obtained a tornado brush and gave it go, all that crap came out. Looks good as new now. Thanks all for the help.  Just wanted to update on the responses.

Hopefully the rest of you folks that ordered these have got them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought an 835 brand new that came from mossberg with a pitted barrel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
looks good!  Mine got approved a few weeks ago, but I won’t be able to pick it up for awhile because I’m traveling for work.  Looking forward to getting my salvo 12 installed on its permanent home.  I actually got the form 4 on that approved before I found the right host, so this has turned into a bit of a long term project . . .

Which brings me to my latest issue, which I would appreciate getting some help from the community on.

I have to admit, I am lost when it comes to shotgun chokes, specifically which pattern I should get mine cut to accept for the echo adapters?  The adapters are on sale right now, so if I have to take a punt on it, I’ll just get the Mossberg 500 pattern echo adapter, but would really appreciate guidance from folks who know more.  I obviously haven’t really gotten into shotgun sports or shotgun hunting, but if there is a preferred system I can adopt in case I move in that direction and end up with more than home defense shotguns, I’m totally fine with that.  

For type of choke on my 590a1 sbs, I was planning on either improved cylinder or improved modified, as my reading has led me to believe either would be fine for most commercially available ammo.  Again open to correction on that.  

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out, and sorry for the slight thread hijack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top