Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2021 12:10:42 PM EDT
So I recently took possession of this M11 due to the passing of my father a few months ago.  He purchased this gal NIB back in the day and hasn't been shot much.  Maybe 300 rounds down the original barrel and probably the same with the Lage upper he put on a few years back.  My first question is what would be a decent red dot that can handle the pounding from a open bolt FA sub gun?  Also, I noticed with the Lage upper she didn't seem to run so well with 115 gr FMJ's.  I was planning on stepping up to 124's but I also want to acquire an Obsidian9 suppressor for her and was wondering if that would slow her down more?  Perhaps the feeding issue with the 115's were the original mags but they seemed fine with the original upper.  Any input would be appreciated gents.  Yes.......this thread would be worthless without pics so here are some.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the old tricks to help feed in the lage, was to bend the feed ramp up slightly.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s cool OP!

I’m no help with your Qs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
First off, sorry about your Dad. This purchase alone tells me that he liked to party.

As for your malfunctions, that Lage upper will probably like these magazines better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First off, sorry about your Dad. This purchase alone tells me that he liked to party.

As for your malfunctions, that Lage upper will probably like these magazines better.
View Quote

@Bklyn_Irish

Yep...Pa liked to party for sure.  He had a Savage built M1928A1 (lend lease stamps on barrel), US property marked Colt M16A1 and a regular Cobray M10.  He got those three in the early 80's and all three were a tad under 3k including the stamps.  Ah.....the good old days.  The M10 was (if I remember correctly) about $75 dollars more than the actual stamp....LOL.  All three of those are gone.  He sold those in the mid 90's to pay off some lake front property in NW Wisconsin.  At the time I was begging him not to sell the Thompson but looking back it was a good idea. That land is worth a small fortune now.   Thanks for the link to the magazines.  The four Cobray mags in the original case have never been used and I'm going to keep them that way.  I'll pick up a six pack of those mags for sure.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Any cheap red dot will work.

I didn’t put nice red dots on my M11 as it was a range toy. Nevertheless, every holosun and Vortex red dot I put on mine survived nicely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I didn’t put nice red dots on my M11 as it was a range toy. Nevertheless, every holosun and Vortex red dot I put on mine survived nicely.
View Quote

I'm a Vortex whore so I was leaning that way.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint PRO has kept it's zero on mine. And the Zytel mags suck - you may have better luck with steel mags.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I used 30.00 BSA red dots or Primary Arms red dots…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I run a Sig Romeo 5 on my M10/45 and an Eotech 512 on my Max31. Both run fine. I've pushed the Max31 out to about 145 yards. Makes hits every time on steel. Can't hit shit at 180 yards with the 45 upper. It's minute of school bus out there. Minute ish of man around 75-100 yards.

The 124s may help with a slightly longer pressure curve. Worth a shot. I've never actually run 115s in most of the stuff I own.

Congrats on your M11 and I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use a Holosun on my M11 and never had issues.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I run my m11 with a primary arms red dot. I have the Lage mkII upper and use 30 round zmags with 147gr speer lawman ammo. It runs great with a very rare stoppage. Red dot has put up with over 3000 rounds and still on the original battery.  I have also run winchester 124 gr nato with out issue.  I have shot both ammo suppressed and unsuppressed with an omega9k and it runs fine with a slightly faster rate of fire with the suppressor installed.

I also have the Lage 22 conversion that runs great now. The mags are originally 40 rounds but the spring is very week. I put empty 5.56 casing in each magazine to compress the spring a little.  I can still fit 30 rounds of 22 in them and it runs great.  With 22 I use a rugged obsidian 9mm suppressor in short configuration and it sounds awesome.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the input folks!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top