Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2020 11:38:10 AM EDT
A pawn shop near me has a SAR-48 for sale but its in a configuration I've never seen before. It has a para stock/bolt/ top cover/ etc but with a full sized barrel (Not Israeli style HB) Typical markings are the 1005-SA-48 Match in the 11,200 serial number range with the black enamel paint and imbel marked reciever. All paint looks to match in color.

No bipod and no wear marks from where the bipod would be folded up.

Sticker price is 2000 which is know is kinda high. Comes with bayonet, soft case, Argentine scope mount (I think. Six rivets on the sides) and cheap scope, and a few mags.

So my question is, was SAR48s ever fitted this way from the factory or did someone switch the lower and corresponding parts to make it side fold?

Shop wouldnt let me take pictures of it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
A few SAR 48s were imported with the para folding stock.  What you describe seems to be the 50:41 model or the para with the standard 21" barrel.
I have only seen the SAR48s with the para stock and the short 17.5" barrel, but I am sure that they made both versions.

A factory SAR 48 para is worth the 2K they are asking.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few SAR 48s were imported with the para folding stock.  What you describe seems to be the 50:41 model or the para with the standard 21" barrel.
I have only seen the SAR48s with the para stock and the short 17.5" barrel, but I am sure that they made both versions.

A factory SAR 48 para is worth the 2K they are asking.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. The closest I can find a model is a 50.61 I believe.  May go check it out again monday and throw it on layaway.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply. The closest I can find a model is a 50.61 I believe.  May go check it out again monday and throw it on layaway.
View Quote
You are correct.  It is the 50:61 model.  I get my numbers confused occasionally on the  FAL models.  I would get it for
that price if I wanted it.  That is a SAR 48 that is not commonly found.   Good price on a SAR 48 para if it is all original.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top