Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2018 4:49:50 AM EDT
Simply put. Is the rear sight leaf on the black plastic handguard the same leaf used for the picatinny mounted assembly. If so, is that rail grabber available as a part somewhere?

I have the plastic handguard with the sight assembly. I would like to use a railed forend and it would be great if i could just unscrew the sight and pop it onto the rail. I would like to avoid paying the $200+ for another complete sight assembly. The ARMY TM 9-1010-221-23&P lists it as a separate part on page 161, but the NSN(5340-01-466-7727) doesn't bring up anything i could order (or anything remotely related). Hoping someone had a clue. I've emailed LMT about it, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

I've ordered an AN/PEQ-2 rail grabber because it looks very similar, but i have low expectations that it will fit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they are identical.  However, I don't believe that the mount you ordered will work as the two screw holes don't appear to be far enough apart.  The holes need to be approximately 1-3/4" apart to attach the sight assembly to the rail mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The MWS rail grabber leaf sight is different than the M203 hand guard leaf sight. A lot of the pieces are the same, but the actual sight piece is different. This is because it sits higher and you wouldn't be able to zero it if it were the same. You can find the rail grabber leaf sight on the EE, eBay, and Gunbroker. Just search for M203 sight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I wasn't expecting it to be perfect. Still waiting on the LMT email, I may have to just call them. But if its not a complete match they may just tell me to buy a new one anyway.

I'll probably wind up modifying the pec2 rail grabber and see how far off it is before caving in for the actual sight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It isn't $200+.

$40

$45

$65 OBO
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
You're not going to be able to mod the PEQ-2 rail grabber into a leaf sight base. It's very different.

Get the KAC leaf sight assembly. It's the better rail grabber sight. The more commonly issued one is kinda cheesy.

The leaf blade itself will be WAY off on trajectory if you use the wrong version for the assembly you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top