Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 10:16:31 AM EDT
I'm an FFL and new SOT, I bought the fulcrum biometrics FFL kit for doing digital fingerprints.

I've submitted two form 4s through the efile system, and just realized that for place of birth on the demographics portion of .eft file software I put United States instead of a state where the customer was born.

Is this likely to cause the form 4 to be rejected? For the RP sections where it asked for place of birth I did put the appropriate state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is this likely to cause the form 4 to be rejected?
View Quote
Probably not, since "US" is acceptable per the EBTS 8.1 specs.

POB 2.020  Place of Birth. The subject's place of birth shall be entered in this field. Indicate in this POB field the state (Mexico or United States), territorial possession, province (Canada), or country of birth. The appropriate two-letter abbreviation shall be used as listed in Part IV of the NCIC State and Country Data Code Table. The criteria listed below shall also be considered when assigning POB.

If the following condition exists:Enter Code
POB stated as state AND country and applicable code not contained in Code Table; OR city can be ascertained as not being located in the United States; OR foreign POB and applicable code not contained in Code TableYY
POB stated as only city AND city can be ascertained as USUS
POB is Mexico or any Mexican state or province not in Code TableMM
POB is "Mexico, Mexico"MX
POB is unknownXX

You could open the .eft file and verify it has US in the 2.020 field. (Must be 2 alpha characters.)
They do prefer the 2-letter state code however.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably not, since "US" is acceptable per the EBTS 8.1 specs.

POB 2.020  Place of Birth. The subject's place of birth shall be entered in this field. Indicate in this POB field the state (Mexico or United States), territorial possession, province (Canada), or country of birth. The appropriate two-letter abbreviation shall be used as listed in Part IV of the NCIC State and Country Data Code Table. The criteria listed below shall also be considered when assigning POB.

If the following condition exists:Enter Code
POB stated as state AND country and applicable code not contained in Code Table; OR city can be ascertained as not being located in the United States; OR foreign POB and applicable code not contained in Code TableYY
POB stated as only city AND city can be ascertained as USUS
POB is Mexico or any Mexican state or province not in Code TableMM
POB is "Mexico, Mexico"MX
POB is unknownXX

You could open the .eft file and verify it has US in the 2.020 field. (Must be 2 alpha characters.)
They do prefer the 2-letter state code however.
View Quote

Thank you for your response, I'll verify that. And definitely will use the two letter state codes going forward.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, what did you pay for the biometrics kit?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious, what did you pay for the biometrics kit?
View Quote

$6K, and it's been worth every penny. Their support is fantastic, and I like keeping it all in house. Came with a laptop, webcam, fingerprint scanner, digital signature pad, and a printer for the passpor photos.
I was supposed to also get a printer to be able to print the fingerprint cards

Silencershop has been a great vendor and I like all the reps there, but with the eforms system I think handling that myself rather than through them is a better and a more efficient way to serve my customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top