Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 10:06:06 PM EDT
Hey All,
I have a set of 10x12 Level III TAP Gamma Plus Plates that I purchased over 5 years ago. I don’t know much about them and haven’t been able to find a ton of info online. I have them in a size M JPC 1.0 right now and they fit well. I was just looking for some info as to whether they are good plates or not or if I should consider upgrading. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey All,
I have a set of 10x12 Level III TAP Gamma Plus Plates that I purchased over 5 years ago. I don't know much about them and haven't been able to find a ton of info online. I have them in a size M JPC 1.0 right now and they fit well. I was just looking for some info as to whether they are good plates or not or if I should consider upgrading. Thanks!
View Quote
All the TAP Gammas are ancient by this point and have a known issue with delamination. Replace those ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for Info! I did end up getting a new set of plates and now have these ones still. I looked over them and they do not appear to be delaminating and the ceramic appears in good condition still. I did take good care of these over the years and was wondering if anybody had any advice as to if I could still field these ones as a back up or not? I’d hate to just get rid of them if it’s still something that I could use. Anybody else have suggestions or info? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump for more information please!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for Info! I did end up getting a new set of plates and now have these ones still. I looked over them and they do not appear to be delaminating and the ceramic appears in good condition still. I did take good care of these over the years and was wondering if anybody had any advice as to if I could still field these ones as a back up or not? I’d hate to just get rid of them if it’s still something that I could use. Anybody else have suggestions or info? Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Delamination is visually undetectable and you need to perform a tap test. I guess backup would be fine but there is always the risk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top