Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/29/2024 10:44:22 PM EDT
I currently use Home Assistant as my alarm system. I have Z-Wave sensors on the doors, if an alarm is set off, my wife and I get a text message.

I'm going to be doing some wiring on the house soon, and I think I want to install some wired door sensors.

Can anybody recommend a quality alarm panel? Preferrably one that works with Z-Wave sensors as well as as wired sensors?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#1]
I have used Quolsys hooked up to surety.com for monitoring through alarm.com.  It has worked great for 6 years until it recently died.  I just bought the newest model.  It works with all my z-wave devices, Sonos, and a bunch of other devices.  I added the quolsys device that lets you use wired sensors in addition to the encrypted wireless sensors.  Their sensors are low profile unlike Honeywell which I installed in my previous home.  The quolsys also allows you to hook up an external siren which not all do.   I use the alarm.com doorbell and thermostat and they have been great.  I don’t use alarm.com cameras but they do work with this system.  Surety has a great DIY support forum that responded quickly to help during my install.  I think they offer basic packages that allow you to self monitor.  I pay $34 a month and got the full package with all features.  I highly recommend.  My $.02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top