Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2018 4:43:34 PM EDT
Good afternoon guys, just looking for some verification before purchasing a helmet mount for my pvs7. I see a lot of used norotos rhino 2 mounts for around $55 on eBay. In the description they say “lowering arm.” Does that mean I’m only buying part of the rhino 2 mount or is it the whole thing? Sorry I don’t want to be disappointed if I buy something and am not able to attach it to a helmet. If someone has an extra one laying around to see I wouldn’t be opposed to that either
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What mount does your helmet have on it already?

Can you post a picture of the ad for us?

$55 will get you the “lever” that lowers your PVS7 down to your eyes from on top of your helmet. It probably won’t include the mount that is attached to your helmet though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a chance to buy a new in box team wendy ballistic exfil for $400 which I believe comes with a shroud attached. From what I read that’s a really good deal correct?

Here’s the mount I’m looking at buying

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Norotos-Titanium-Rhino-Mount-II-NVG-Night-Vision-1955010-2/202303500275?hash=item2f1a3a6ff3%3Ag%3A1r4AAOSwvPZbPmjG&_nkw=norotos+rhino+2&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnorotos+rhino.TRS0
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a chance to buy a new in box team wendy ballistic exfil for $400 which I believe comes with a shroud attached. From what I read that’s a really good deal correct?

Here’s the mount I’m looking at buying

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Norotos-Titanium-Rhino-Mount-II-NVG-Night-Vision-1955010-2/202303500275?hash=item2f1a3a6ff3%3Ag%3A1r4AAOSwvPZbPmjG&_nkw=norotos+rhino+2&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnorotos+rhino.TRS0
View Quote
You’d have to ask the seller if the mount comes with the helmet, but the rhino will attach to it if it’s there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You’d have to ask the seller if the mount comes with the helmet, but the rhino will attach to it if it’s there.
View Quote
I saw pictures and the shroud is attached, I believe it’s a Wilcox. $400 for that helmet a pretty reasonable price?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I saw pictures and the shroud is attached, I believe it’s a Wilcox. $400 for that helmet a pretty reasonable price?
View Quote
Since you asked, I personally would spend my money on a company that supports freedom. Team Hillary would be my last choice, regardless of the price.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Since you asked, I personally would spend my money on a company that supports freedom. Team Hillary would be my last choice, regardless of the price.
View Quote
I take it there’s some history there haha. I’ll do some googling. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You can find Rhino II packages that come with the mount.  They are simple helmet shrouds, but they work well enough.  The Rhino II is way better than the original Rhino as it has more adjust-ability to it.  It is an excellent entry lever mount and works great with the PVS-7.

I would go with a plastic bump helmet before a ballistic helmet unless you need the protection.  Use the extra money to get an IR laser or illumination.  The ballistic helmets are no fun to wear when you are out playing around or hunting.  I got a ballistic helmet mainly as I like collecting military gear, but I don't use it for the most part.  So unless you have a real need for it, consider a plastic bump helmet first or even a non-helmet head mount (like a Crye Nightcap which I have on order).  I even use my bump helmet when riding my mountain bike at night as it offers crash protection that ballistic helmets don't.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
FTW ....but it you can grab a ballistic helmet kitted out for 400 and you are not  giving TW the money I would say you got one hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FTW ....but it you can grab a ballistic helmet kitted out for 400 and you are not  giving TW the money I would say you got one hell of a deal.
View Quote
This. I bought my Team Wendy bump helmet off the EE here, it’s a great helmet and TW already got their money for it years ago. I have another brand ballistic helmet I rarely use because it’s heavier, but I like having it if I ever need it or just need a loaner helmet. It sounds like you found a deal, jump on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top