Quoted:
Been looking st FNC
price
Parts?
Thoughts

If you have one would you buy it again?
View Quote
Price: $14-15k
Parts: scarce. No good source for bolts and bolt carriers.

I have one. I really like it and it’s a nice addition to my collection. Very smooth shooting. It’s a Belgian AK iteration with better ergos than an AK.  It’s not a good “one and only” MG, as barrel changes are not easy, spare parts availability is poor. I don’t hammer FA through it like I do with my M16s or HKs. If you already have an M16 or HK sear and you’re looking for a neat not-an-m16 MG to round out your collection, then go for it. If you don’t already have an M16 or HK sear I would save and buy one of those.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an FNC from back in the pre-ban days.  Never intended not to shoot it nor even baby it but when parts dried up I decided to leave it in the safe.

Thought about an RDIAS but with no parts it doesn’t make sense.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
For the moNey get a non colt m16. More versatile and fun. Fncs are cool but not a good primary mg. Feels bad hammering away at it man.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my FNC, runs better than my Colt M16.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More like $16-18K now. http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/machine_guns.html

I had one back when they cost 1/2 as much as an M16.  I loved shooting it, and shot the piss out of it - remember back then a 20rd box of brass 5.56 was $2.50!  I ended up trading it for an M2 Carbine - WWII MGs are my favorite.

sadly, today the main problem is when people were buying them for $6K, they generally shot the hell out of them.  Most of the ones on the market today are whopped, and in need of a rebarrel at best.  At least now, you can get a new barrel installed for around $400.
The lack of spare bolts and carriers sucks, but as mentioned they are basically an AK system and the FNCs bolts/carriers seem to fail as often as AK bolts and carriers.

I have a fixed and folder that are cherry and never fired after they were converted 10yrs ago that are for sale if youre interested.  Part of an estate I'm handling.
View Quote
Ehh I don’t know about 16 to 18k. Maybe that is typical of an asking price but I doubt a selling price. I don’t think it would be very difficult to pick one up for less than that. I just had a guy offer me a Howco folder with S&H sear for 13k. Machinegun priceguide seems to be high on a lot of their estimates. I would like to know exactly how they came up with those numbers...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
IMO for the price that FNCs are going for today I would just toss in a couple extra grand and get a M16 RR or RLL.

Now if its your second MG or you just have been dreaming about owning a FNC for years have at it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMO for the price that FNCs are going for today I would just toss in a couple extra grand and get a M16 RR or RLL.

Now if its your second MG or you just have been dreaming about owning a FNC for years have at it.
View Quote
Agreed.
It doesn't have an auto bolt hold open, which sucks for reloads. I deal with it on the F2000 and roller-lock HKs, but it still sucks.

Check out this post: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/FNC---AK5-School-me/24-469762/
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
My FNC was my first MG, purchased in 2011 for $6800.

At the time Colt M16s were selling for ~ $12,000, and I thought that was too much to pay for a 5.56mm MG, ha!

It's a great gun, but as mentioned above, the relative lack of spare parts, especially compared to M16s, does keep me from shooting it as much as I would otherwise.

I did have failure-to-extract problems when I first got it, which was solved by replacing the worn extractor and using the "adverse" gas setting - I was using PMC Bronze .223 at the time, which was a bit underpowered for the "regular" setting.

As others have mentioned, if you don't already have an M16, and can afford a few thousand $ more, nowadays I would go with a non-Colt RR first.

Which I finally did myself (PAWS/Oly RR pending transfer from my FFL/SOT), but seven years late, and at a price of $18,500...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top