Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 11:52:01 PM EDT
Pulsar XP50 - Coyote Double (barely)
I just received a new pulsar XP50 about a week ago. I got it zeroed in yesterday and decided to try for coyotes right behind the camp house.

This is an area that I have not called in a a while and thought tonight would be as good a night as any to see what showed up.

These two coyotes popped out within three minutes of my turning the call on tonight. It was very exciting.

Attachment Attached File

The automatic "nuc" setting almost got me tonight. Might need to change that to manual?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Change it to semi auto not manual, and turn on PIP so you don’t have so much trouble aiming.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm still trying to learn how to use the scope. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice shooting, and congrats!

I wish they had an option to turn the PiP on when the scope boots up.  I always forget to turn it on..

Here's a quick guide that someone else posted & I stole..   Button 1 is the furthest from the eyepiece.. then 2, 3, 4, and 5 is the power button.

Press and hold for:
1. Wifi on/off
2. Full menu
3. PiP mode (picture in picture)
4. Pic/video modes .. and to end and save current video
5. Scope on/off

Quick press/release for:
1. White hot/black hot
2. Quick menu (brightness, contrast, rangefinder)
3. Zoom (and zoom in PiP if activated)
4. Start recording/pause recording/resume recording same video, or take pic
5. NUC/calibrate

Pressing 5 until it starts the "scope off" count down and releasing before it fully counts down to zero will turn the screen off, but leave the scope on. I believe this saves battery life and with another quick press of the 5/power button the screen come right back on without having to wait for the scope to power up.

If u quick press #4 to start recording and want to stop recording and save that as a video u have to press and hold #4 for it to save that as its own file. If u only quick press #4 it will pause the video and when u press it again, it will continue recording as the same continuous video. If u turn off the scope without pressing and holding #4 to save it, it might delete the current/most recent video. Long pressing the #4 saves the video. Do this before turning off the scope when videoing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Man that was exciting... I felt like I was there with you...

Good Job!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, they look larger in the view finder than they do in this video for whatever reason. I know they look like specs, but that coyote that was stationary was no more than 100 yards away from me. That one that flipped in front of me landed about 10 yards away.

I've not tried to use the PIP to shoot anything with, especially something running like this. Is it not information overload?  I'm not sure my brain can handle it? Haha

I would not mind having the rsticker illuminated a little brighter than it is?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, they look larger in the view finder than they do in this video for whatever reason. I know they look like specs, but that coyote that was stationary was no more than 100 yards away from me. That one that flipped in front of me landed about 10 yards away.

I've not tried to use the PIP to shoot anything with, especially something running like this. Is it not information overload?  I'm not sure my brain can handle it? Haha

I would not mind having the rsticker illuminated a little brighter than it is?

Thanks guys.
View Quote
The idea is to zoom in the PIP and leave the main view zoomed out. Take the first shot via PIP then any moving follow ups with the standard side screen view (and ignore the PIP)

Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand the concept, it's just that box tends to really grab my eye.

I just need to try it out sometime and see what I think. I've Not had the scope in use very long,  just the past two nights now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just need to try it out sometime and see what I think. I've Not had the scope in use very long,  just the past two nights now.

Thanks.
View Quote
Gotch! Practice makes perfect!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote
This definitely takes practice. After the first shot you have to train your brain to look back in the main screen. To practice this I stick toe warmers on cardboard at various distances and practice in real-time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome!

Were those birds flying away?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome!

Were those birds flying away?
View Quote
No birds were harmed in the filming of that coyote.

haha
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought that was the spirit of the coyote flying away...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top