Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2024 9:57:56 PM EDT
I was a fan of various pulldown powders back in the Bush#2 days. As I recall, .mil powder and component surplus-ing was ended by EO back then. Now that powder prices have exploded, I'm seeing various "new to me" component vendors selling the old familiar powders like wc844, 846, 872, etc. complete with what looks like very consistent product descriptions.
Are they legit vendors or scammers?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There are scam sites with reloading components listed at lower prices.  The big clue seems to be if they take credit cards or not.  Scam sites don't offer CC payment as an option.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Poodleshooter:
I was a fan of various pulldown powders back in the Bush#2 days. As I recall, .mil powder and component surplus-ing was ended by EO back then. Now that powder prices have exploded, I'm seeing various "new to me" component vendors selling the old familiar powders like wc844, 846, 872, etc. complete with what looks like very consistent product descriptions.
Are they legit vendors or scammers?
View Quote

Sir:
You are going to have to narrow this question WAY DOWN............
Which specific vendors are you talking about?

Otherwise, you're going to get a generic answer of some are/some aren't.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGH456E:

Sir:

View Quote

Pretty much every vendor that shows "WC-844" in stock with a Google search is totally new to me. There's a gaggle of them. It's not old time places like gibrass.com or wideners who had it in stock 20 years ago, or regular retail outlets like powder valley/ Midway/Natchez/MSSS either, which seems "sus" as the kids put it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If the price is significantly lower than the going rate, maybe scammer.  If they only take non-credit card payment (Zelle, Venmo, bitcoin), 100% a scam.  You definitely have to be cautious these days.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Why take the chance. Just buy from reputable sources.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:43:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeScouter] [#6]
The first 3 sites that came up in a google search appear to be fake. The all used the same wording "( for rifle like H335)". They may list credit cards at the bottom of the page but during checkout it is not an option.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Amazing isn’t it, that google seems to love pointing shooters to bogus ammo and reloading websites.  Like you said- top 3 hits are all fake.  Almost like they are totally OK with gun owners being ripped off.  

Interesting from a company that claims to want to be the deciders of what is misinformation or not.

Of course their Youtube (also Google) ads are total garbage as well.  So maybe they are just whores who will take anybody’s money….

They sure don’t seem in any hurry to take down these obvious scam sites though…
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:32:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#8]

Pretty much every vendor that shows "WC-844" in stock with a Google search is totally new to me. There's a gaggle of them. It's not old time places like gibrass.com or wideners who had it in stock 20 years ago, or regular retail outlets like powder valley/ Midway/Natchez/MSSS either, which seems "sus" as the kids put it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGH456E:

Sir:

OK.............  some are/some aren't.
Just a friendly suggestion............ talk to the "kids" and find out how to better search for things on the internet.
Simply putting in "WC-844" means you'll get all sorts of nonsense.  
For example maybe try one of the various search engines out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top