Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 7:32:48 PM EDT
I am looking to set-up a "War Belt" set-up like pictured and discussed in other threads.  It is for over pants and not through belt loops.  Minimum would be pistol/2 magazines/Multitool or knife.

What are the pros/cons of the following set-ups:

2 Piece: Something like a HSGI Slim Grip slotted padded belt with an inner Rigger belt: Has molle and can use a variety of pouches
1 Piece: Something like a HSGI Operator belt that has the Molle integrated into the belt itself.  Can use an inner padded belt
Regular Belt/Duty Belt: 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25: Pouches and holster and go

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Blue Alpha 1.75” molle belt with the upgraded edc 1.5” inner belt. I do use the inner belt pretty much everyday and it also holds my conceal carry and reloads nicely.

Pros: I can peel it off quickly when I need to drop a deuce. It rides well all day and stays put.

Cons: none yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I like one piece because you can throw it on quick without any prep, but two piece belts have their advsntages as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried an HSGI Slim Grip and hated it.  Don't know if its my body shape, the way my pants fit, or whatever.  It shifted around way too much on me.  It pulled my shirt untucked and shift up over my stomach, my pants belt would pop out from under the back of it then hold the back of the belt up.  It was just all around uncomfortable for anything other than standing around.

Not finding any negatives to the inner/outer belt setup.  Mine is from Esstac, which is one of the cheaper options, no issues with it.  If you want Molle webbing on the belt look for something else though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ronin Task Force belt with blue alpha inner belt. Wear it daily for 8+ hours.

Before I was using the shitty issued bianchi 2” duty belt and it fucking blew
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my Blue Alpha 1.75" molle belt with the upgraded edc 1.5" inner belt. I do use the inner belt pretty much everyday and it also holds my conceal carry and reloads nicely.

Pros: I can peel it off quickly when I need to drop a deuce. It rides well all day and stays put.

Cons: none yet.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.

The big molle padded belts are old tech and cumbersome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the obvious answer is that you can just throw on a one-piece belt regardless of what you are wearing.  Better for bump in the night or other scenarios in which you are unlikely to already be wearing the inner EDC belt...or not have time to put on the inner belt.

But two piece is a nice secure/stable setup, with easy on/off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Grey Ghost belt with padded inner, is comfortable AF. I had some Condor belt pads lying around, cut some interface loop patches, and stuck them to the Grey Ghost for quick donning sans inner belt. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a full duty belt setup and a low profile setup that uses my everyday trouser belt. I like the trouser belt setup more as it’s compact and I can don or doff what I needed or do not need in a hurry. It also allows me to carry my IFAK all the time instead of leaving at home attached to the duty belt or plate carrier.

The duty belt setup is nice for quickly donning, but it’s bulky and cannot be easily stowed in my EDC backpack.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The beauty of a two piece 8s that you can turn it into a single piece.  The modularity nowadays makes having multiple belts obsolete.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I wear a belt with my pants and the Blue Alpha Gear 1.75” MOLLE double belt’s inner Velcro belt is super comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
First, what’s the mission? What’s the load out? How is your belt integrating with a chest rig or plate carrier?

Two piece is great, but you have to be wearing the inner belt all the time in order to just throw it on and benefit from the Velcro locking together.

One piece padded molle is great when you have a bigger load out or can’t wear the inner belt.

Old school nylon duty belt is great for just throwing on a pistol for the range.

Standard belt for concealment.

Cost is also a factor. What’s the budget?  You can spend hundreds off dollars on a belt setup.

I don’t think there’s a perfect one belt does it all set up. If there is, it’s out my price range.

I have an ATS battle belt, an Esstac 2 piece, an LBT nylon duty belt, and a daltec leather pants belt. Perhaps I could get a more expensive belt that does it all for the cost of four separate belts, but each has a different mission. For me, the modularity isn’t as efficient when I would have to switch pouches and holster around for different setups vs. just picking up a different belt.

Battle belt

Tactical duty belt

MVT concepts

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
For my mission, quick donning is essential.  So I prefer good old fashioned wide, padded, single belt type.  BFG SOC-C.  Love it.

Yeah, belts like this do shift some, but it's not a big deal.  To me, anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#14]
If you have a two piece system and want pads for when you want to put it on quick - try to grab a cheap Condor rig somewhere. The pads are hook backed - I just cut some loop rectangles from some 5.11 loop squares I had lying around, to interface between the two hook surfaces. You could also just buy bulk neoprene and make your own pads.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Just having to wear an inner belt without a belt buckle to it and then covering it with the battle belt when you're ready is nice. As opposed to having a belt on your pants that has a belt buckle and then placing another belt with a buckle over it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just having to wear an inner belt without a belt buckle to it and then covering it with the battle belt when you're ready is nice. As opposed to having a belt on your pants that has a belt buckle and then placing another belt with a buckle over it.

View Quote

Yes, I have Grey Ghost and Emdom, and they are flat as can be in the front - very nice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#17]
So for those running a two piece. Do you just depend on the velcro or do you add some keepers for insurance?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I have one piece, 2 piece, duty belts etc.

I pretty much use my pants belt for 99.9% of all my needs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So for those running a two piece. Do you just depend on the velcro or do you add some keepers for insurance?
View Quote

In a normal people mindset, the velcro is sufficient. I only needed retention when on duty. Nowadays, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you have a two piece system and want pads for when you want to put it on quick - try to grab a cheap Condor rig somewhere. The pads are hook backed - I just cut some loop rectangles from some 5.11 loop squares I had lying around, to interface between the two hook surfaces. You could also just buy bulk neoprene and make your own pads.

https://i.imgur.com/5I81Jwo.jpg
View Quote

That looks awful clean and new.  How much hard training have you done in that, and if you have, how does the setup hold up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That looks awful clean and new.  How much hard training have you done in that, and if you have, how does the setup hold up?
View Quote

"...My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow." - from some Creed I had to recite about a million times.

But you are correct, it's not as used as the Wasatch I had in Iraq

Grey Ghost is built like a Tank, it'll hold up fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Carry on Ranger.  I don't GI my shit anymore, I just make sure it's serviceable and in good repair at all times.  You can clean mud off, but not wear.....as you surely well know.

I was curious as to how well that pad system held up, long-term, if they shifted or caused any issues.  Seems like a good concept, wonder why I haven't seen such a thing put out by a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Carry on Ranger.  I don't GI my shit anymore, I just make sure it's serviceable and in good repair at all times.  You can clean mud off, but not wear.....as you surely well know.

I was curious as to how well that pad system held up, long-term, if they shifted or caused any issues.  Seems like a good concept, wonder why I haven't seen such a thing put out by a manufacturer.
View Quote

I just do that thing with the pads for when it's in the house, for just in case fantasies - probably hold up forever, LOL. When I train on my tiny home built range, or go to Ohio for Night Vision shoots, I wear it with the inner loop belt, as designed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top