Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 6:12:11 PM EDT
Have a couple cans with a local dealer and one has been recently approved but the dealer has moved his shop 3 hours away. Last month he said he would be passing through  town in August, I've emailed a couple of times to see if he has a date yet but no response, called today and left a message, haven't heard back.

What would be the next step? Contact silencershop, maybe the atf?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have a couple cans with a local dealer and one has been recently approved but the dealer has moved his shop 3 hours away. Last month he said he would be passing through  town in August, I've emailed a couple of times to see if he has a date yet but no response, called today and left a message, haven't heard back.

What would be the next step? Contact silencershop, maybe the atf?
View Quote

Once the stamp comes in the dealer could do a "non over the counter transfer" (ship to your door).
He absolutely cannot just drop by as he's passing through town. An FFL can only conduct business from two locations: his licensed premises and a gun show or special event. Door Dash is verboten.

ATF wont do shit.
Silencer Shop will be happy to remind the dealer of his obligations.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once the stamp comes in the dealer could do a "non over the counter transfer" (ship to your door).
He absolutely cannot just drop by as he's passing through town. An FFL can only conduct business from two locations: his licensed premises and a gun show or special event. Door Dash is verboten.

ATF wont do shit.
Silencer Shop will be happy to remind the dealer of his obligations.
View Quote

Ok, i figured as long as we did the 4473 and approval then we were good, wasn't aware it had to be at hos shop since you can do a 4473 at a gun show. I think he still has the building his shop was in, not sure if it is still considered his place of business though.

How does the "non over the counter transfer" work?  I asked him last month is he could mail me a 4473 to fill out and send back, he could do the background check and ship me the can but he said he couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok, i figured as long as we did the 4473 and approval then we were good, wasn't aware it had to be at hos shop since you can do a 4473 at a gun show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, i figured as long as we did the 4473 and approval then we were good, wasn't aware it had to be at hos shop since you can do a 4473 at a gun show.

Like I said two locations: the licensed premises and a gun show. Absolutely, positively he cannot just drive by and drop off or meet at a Wal Mart or even another gun shop.

I think he still has the building his shop was in, not sure if it is still considered his place of business though.

Not likely. An FFL is issued to a specific address....the "licensed premises".  If the FFL address is 100 Main St, he can't conduct business next door at 102 Main St.

How does the "non over the counter transfer" work?  I asked him last month is he could mail me a 4473 to fill out and send back, he could do the background check and ship me the can but he said he couldn't do that.
He said he can't do it because he's unaware that he can or just ignert.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not likely. An FFL is issued to a specific address....the "licensed premises".  If the FFL address is 100 Main St, he can't conduct business next door at 102 Main St.

View Quote

Ok, I think he went into business with another shop and is now working out of the other shop but his SOT is still the address here. Not totally sure though as he has quit responding, what sucks is I'm 70 days into a eform 4 on the other one he has so I will have to go through this all over again.

I will share the non-otc form with him and see if that will work, probably see if silencershop will speak with him as well.

Thanks for the help, never dealt with this before, I already have a new powered by silencershop dealer so no more of this nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a response after I sent a copy of the non-otc so I guess he will do the transfer via mail and the suppressor shipped to me after the paperwork is done.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
awesome, it does still take a bit of time once you fill out that paperwork & he submits to batfe.

it works tho, they CAN ship to your door.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm 75 days into a eform 4 through this dealer too so I will get to do it all over again in 30-60 days. Yeah.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top