Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 11:21:37 PM EDT
I did the needful and went with a Pro2A Tactical Patriot 7.5" AR pistol in 45 acp that takes Glock mags. This will be my second foray into pcc's the first being a 40 s&w PC Carbine. I almost went with a PC Charger, but found this.
I couldn't find much info on it or user reviews, I hope it performs.

P2A "PATRIOT" 7.5 INCH AR-15/AR-45 45 ACP M-LOK COMPLETE PISTOL

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked about them as well and heard nothing.  Please LMK how it functions as I really want one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
In for info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in also.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, so I picked it up today and it is definitely well made, needs a break down and good lube. It came with one G21 13-round magazine, I bought three SG Tactical 26-round mags and all seem to fit well. I'm posting a pic of the awesomeness, range report to follow soon. It does not have last round bolt hold open, but for the price I'm ok with that.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, looking forwards to a range report.

I want to advise against the SG Tactical mags.  I bought a bunch for my CMMG and they initially ran great then all started to develop feeding issues.  SG was really good about sending me new mags but they too failed so I stopped calling.  This, by the way, was after many attempts at cleaning, dry lubricating, spring re-adjusting, etc but all to no avail.  Once they started to fail, and they all did, there was no recovery.  On average I'd get four to eight uses before problems started (I mark my mags every time they get used with a check mark or an X)

Ironically the Korean KCI mags have been holding up just fine.  They make the SG mags but clearly with lover tolerances or something.

At the end of the day, the Glock ones are covered in check marks and I've stopped marking them, they just work but I hate the limited capacity.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
So the gun won't feed rounds from the supplied Glock 21 mag or the SGM Tactical magazines. The cut-out on the bolt-face appears to not have the proper dimension, bevel or chamfer to allow the rim of the round to slide onto the bolt-face and get under the extractor. The bolt stops as the round is part way into the chamber. The base of the rim is not fully seated on the bolt-face, not under the extractor fully. Upon removing the brass cased rounds there are sharp burrs at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the case rim.
The chamber is smooth with no observable flaws and the rounds can be inserted and removed by hand with no problems or hang ups. I am trying to get them to let me just send the bcg in without having to send the entire firearm back with an accompanying 4-6 week turn around time.
Besides this set back, I'm confident that with a proper bcg this will be a good buy and have faith it's going to be a great firearm. I've already invested in a Primary Arms AMD red dot, buis, moe grip, an end-plate with qd and an m-lok pic rail for a wml.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I received the replacement bolt today, I did not have time to go shoot, but I was able to cycle an entire 24 rounds from an SGM mag through it by hand. The rims still had sharp burrs but they cycled, so I think some break-in shooting will hopefully help smooth things out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I was able to take it to the range yesterday to sight in the buis and red dot and to just check overall functionality. The OEM Glock 21 magazine functioned flawlessly. I had a lot of problems with one of the SGM Tactical and one of the KCI magazines, the other two SGM Tactical and two KCI magazines did better.

I had a few problems with the other four, but not as many as with the two problem mags. I took the one SGM Tactical apart and found a "smear" of plastic flashing left inside the mag which was probably causing excess friction on the spring, I couldn't get it out. I had zero ejection issues, almost all of the problems were when the bolt was going forward the round would not chamber but get stuck between the bolt and the area next to the chamber in a nose up condition, a definite mag problem.

I also had a few instances where the gun would fire, but the trigger would not reset until I moved the safety switch, the trigger would reset and would fire again. That problem happened probably half a dozen times. I'm hoping a good lubing of the pins and springs will fix that problem. It does have much more recoil than I expected, which isn't a big deal, just more than I expected, I don't think it'd be a good full-auto gun, not without a bunch of practice and a slow cyclic rate.

Once it was sighted in it was more than satisfactory as far as accuracy, we shot at 25-30 yard range and was not disappointed in that regard. But the reliability is paramount, I have a few Glock 21 mags with the Kriss extension coming and will try it out again using them, I'm hoping for 100% reliability as it is with the 13-round Glock 21 mag.

I do wish it had last round bolt hold open, but it's not worth $700 more to have in say a LWRC or CMMG.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Back to the range today, used a 26-round SGM Tactical, 26-round KCI and 30-round Glock/Kriss Gen 2 EXT2 mag and had one fail to feed out of the Glock/Kriss mag. Other than the one hiccup, it ran like a top with the other two mags.
Did some standing offhand shooting again at 30 yards, I was impressed with the results.

ETA: No more trigger reset hangups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top