Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2022 11:15:03 PM EDT
I'm looking for up to a case (5K) of small pistol primers from a known manufacturer (ie. WW, Rem, CCI, Fed, even Fiocchi).  When I do a search for "in stock" I get outfits that I've not dealt with.... but the usual suspects (Brownell's, Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, etc.) all say "out of stock".

Does anyone know where I can get a case lot of small pistol primers that isn't a scam of some sort????
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sign up for alerts from all your favorite haunts. I'm just parroting what I've been hearing for a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI this thread will get locked by the mods because there is a "where to find" thread stickied and otherwise this forum would get too cluttered. Its title says "no questions" but that means no reloading questions, not "no questions about where to find stuff". It's encouraged to ask where to find stuff in that thread.

If you want to pay, Pay with a capital P, target sports USA is keeping primers in stock by charging 600/5K.

All the no-name places with stuff in stock cheap right now are scams that want you to pay with untraceable and non-refundable things like Bitcoin or cash app.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Where-to-Find-Tools-Components-Promo-Codes-Go-Here-NO-QUESTIONS-or-off-topic-comments-/42-274673/&page=252
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Use ammoseek.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/accessories/reloading/primers/cci-primers-no-550-magnum-small-pistol-0018-brick-of-1000-count/

Jim
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread has been discussing (vetting) the various sites that say they still have primers.

Link to ARFCOM thread

That thread also names some places that have primers.

Also, people have been buying primers from Argentina and Bosnia.  Apparently, they are fine, just not well known in the USA.

There are lots of issues right now but you can buy primers.  For example, some limit you to 1,000 but you pay the full HAZMAT on that 1,000.  Some places are charging $150/1,000,... lots of issues.

The risk of theft/fraud can be minimized by using a credit card - if they do not deliver, dispute the charge.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Ginex primers

I bought some of these, haven’t tried them yet, but research lead me to believe they are gtg.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI this thread will get locked by the mods because there is a "where to find" thread stickied and otherwise this forum would get too cluttered. Its title says "no questions" but that means no reloading questions, not "no questions about where to find stuff". It's encouraged to ask where to find stuff in that thread.

If you want to pay, Pay with a capital P, target sports USA is keeping primers in stock by charging 600/5K.

View Quote

That is only slightly more than brick and mortar shops that limit you to two "units" (trays of 100) of primers per person, per day, and TSUSA has them in stock. All the time, money and effort calling and driving around to various gun shops to luck into primers in stock is a pain in the butt.

I finally broke down and bought 5K from TSUSA because after doing the math, it is still considerably less expensive to reload 9mm than buying factory new.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no where online you can just go and find 5K “name brand” primers in stock.

You gave a couple of options:

1. Set up alerts, join Discord group snd follow the threads in this Forum and in Team.  When primers gone in stock you have to be fast to grab them before they go out of stock.

Even then, most places limit you to 1K.  So you’ll need to buy multiple times to get 5K, paying shipping and Hazmat multiple times.

2. Buy primers like Ginex that are not as well known.

ETA: I was wrong.  If you’re willing to pay $600 per 5K go to TSUSA.

Apparently that’s the new normal for primers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm looking for up to a case (5K) of small pistol primers from a known manufacturer (ie. WW, Rem, CCI, Fed, even Fiocchi).  When I do a search for "in stock" I get outfits that I've not dealt with.... but the usual suspects (Brownell's, Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, etc.) all say "out of stock".

Does anyone know where I can get a case lot of small pistol primers that isn't a scam of some sort????
View Quote

Inobtanimum, dude. Midway occasionally has spp. Reloading Unlimited has srp and lrp as of this morning.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Joining the discord server shows that primers are slowly coming back in stock. That and they aren't immediately going out of stock. So there is some signs of recovery, slowly, but that's expected.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Read positive reviews on GINEX spp, so plunged in for 5K.  I'm sure they'll work fine in the Glock (it sets off CCI small rifle primers), so at least I can keep that going for a while.  The real question is will they work shooting double action revolver with a slightly light mainspring.... I know from this weekend's match that my Colt Trooper (old model) absolutely detests the CCI small rifles.... had to shoot the whole match single action!  Needless to say, scores sucked and a lesson learned (even worse, I knew that double action primer strikes are lighter in any revolver).
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Midway has been limiting buyers to 1K.

I signed up from Brownell alerts 2 years ago, but never got an alert.

Midsouth sends alerts, but by the time I log in, they’re out of stock.  Not sure if they limit because, I’ve missed out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Target Sports USA has various types at $599/5000 + tax so $642.00
That is just more than I will go considering that is 13 cents each and I am finding 9MM 124gr ammo for 30 cents

With 124gr bullets costing 9C and powder about 4 C that is 26CPR to do the work compared to 30CPR for factory 9

I understand loading 308 or even 223/5.56 but we are reaching some caliber points where factory makes more cents than reloading

Of course, IMO
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Use where to find thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top